LF:VSLE7X1c Medical Ethics 2 - seminar - Course Information
VSLE7X1c Medical Ethics 2 - seminarFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Recommended Type of Completion: z (credit). Other types of completion: k (colloquium).
- MUDr. Jana Halámková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Josef Kuře, Dr. phil. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Petra Lančová (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Martina Novotná (seminar tutor)
Mgr. et Mgr. Veronika Oškerová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Martin Pavlík, Ph.D., DESA, EDIC (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Petra Vysočanová (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Václav Zvoníček, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- doc. Mgr. Josef Kuře, Dr. phil.
Department of Medical Ethics - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Mgr. Michaela Vaňharová, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Medical Ethics - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- VSLE7X1c/01: Mon 19. 2. to Fri 23. 2. each working day 7:30–12:20 A19/113
VSLE7X1c/02: Mon 28. 5. to Fri 1. 6. each working day 7:30–12:20 A19/113
VSLE7X1c/04: Mon 30. 4. to Fri 4. 5. each working day 7:30–12:20 A19/113
VSLE7X1c/05: Mon 16. 4. to Fri 20. 4. each working day 7:30–12:20 A19/113
VSLE7X1c/06: Mon 2. 4. to Fri 6. 4. each working day 7:30–12:20 A19/113
VSLE7X1c/07: Mon 19. 3. to Fri 23. 3. each working day 7:30–12:20 A19/113
VSLE7X1c/08: Mon 5. 3. to Fri 9. 3. each working day 7:30–12:20 A19/113
VSLE7X1c/31: No timetable has been entered into IS.
VSLE7X1c/32: No timetable has been entered into IS.
VSLE7X1c/34: No timetable has been entered into IS.
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- VLCP0622c Introduc. to surgery II -pr. || STCP0622c Clin.exam. in surgery II && VSIP0622c Introduction to internal II-pr && VSET021 Medical Ethics I && VLFA0621c Pharmacology I - p
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Interactive seminar offers an introduction to clinical ethics. The aim is: - to understand ethical dilemmas in individual fields of medicine - to develop ability to perceive ethical questions within health care - to listen to different ethical arguments and espress own opinions - to learn ability to solve ethical dilemmas in medicine
- Introduction to medical ethics (terminology, subject, methodology) & Primary care (physician - patient relationship, informed consent)& Beginning of human life (assisted reproduction) & Ethics and genetics (PND, PGD, screening) & Patient rights & Transplantation ethics & Ethics in oncology (truth about diagnosis, palliative care) & Ethical problems in intensive care & Death and dying & Ethics of biomedical research
- required literature
- KUŘE, Josef. Kapitoly z lékařské etiky. 2., upr. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2012. 114 s. ISBN 9788021059511. info
- recommended literature
- Od narození do smrti : etické problémy v lékařství. Edited by David C. Thomasma - Thomasine Kimbrough Kushner, Translated by Lucie M. Vyd. 1. Praha: Mladá fronta, 2000. 389 s. ISBN 8020408835. info
- CAMPBELL, Alastair V., Grant R. GILLETT and D. Gareth JONES. Medical ethics. 4th ed. South Melbourne: Oxford University Press, 2005. xiii, 312. ISBN 0195584872. info
- The Blackwell guide to medical ethics. Edited by Rosamond Rhodes - Leslie Francis - Anita Silvers. 1st ed. Malden: Blackwell Pub., 2007. xii, 435. ISBN 9781405125840. info
- Contemporary issues in bioethics. Edited by Tom L. Beauchamp - LeRoy Walters. 6th ed. Belmont: Thomson learning, 2003. x, 800 s. ISBN 0-534-58441-1. info
- Teaching methods
- discusions in seminars
- Assessment methods
- Condition for giving course-unit credit is full attendance in all seminars and activity during the course.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 30.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/spring2018/VSLE7X1c