LF:VSLE7X1c Medical ethics 2 - Course Information
VSLE7X1c Medical ethics 2Faculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. Mgr. Josef Kuře, Dr. phil. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Marie Mikošková (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Martin Pavlík, Ph.D., DESA, EDIC (seminar tutor)
prof. RNDr. Renata Veselská, Ph.D., M.Sc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Petra Vysočanová (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Václav Zvoníček, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- doc. Mgr. Josef Kuře, Dr. phil.
Department of Medical Ethics - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Mgr. Michaela Vaňharová, Ph.D.
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- VSLE7X1c/09: Mon 10. 12. to Fri 14. 12. each working day 7:30–12:20 N01082/015
VSLE7X1c/10: Mon 26. 11. to Fri 30. 11. each working day 7:30–12:20 N01082/015
VSLE7X1c/11: Mon 12. 11. to Fri 16. 11. each working day 7:30–12:20 N01082/015
VSLE7X1c/12: Mon 29. 10. to Fri 2. 11. each working day 7:30–12:20 N01082/015
VSLE7X1c/16: Wed 2. 1. to Fri 4. 1. each working day 7:30–12:20 N01082/015
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- VSPF0622p Pathophysiol. II - lect. && VSPA0622p Pathological Anatomy I - lect. && ( VLCP0622c Clin.exam. in surgery II || STCP0622c Clin.exam. in surgery II ) && VSIP0622c Clin.exam.in int.med.-pract. && VSET021 Medical Ethics I
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Ethics and philosophy. A philosophical basis of ethics.
- 2.Ethics and psychiatry. The history of psychiatry. Involuntary hospitalization. Treating patients without their consent.
- 3. Ethics and genethics. Eugenics and past mistakes, genetics at the population level. consensus ethics in medical genetic. Human genome project.
- 4. The beginnig of human life }etical problems of abortions, asisted reproduction / arteficial procreation /, antenatal diagnosis.
- 5. Ethical codes, Hippocratic Oath, Four basical principles: the duty not to harm, to benefit, the respect of autonomie, and justice.
- 6. Ethics and oncology. Death and dying. Caring for the dying person and his relatives, the attitudes towards death, the definition of death.
- 7. Ethics and rights of patients. Informent consent, confidentiality, breaching of confidentiality. Have we got a consent form.
- 8. Ethics and ontology. The dimension of human person, the dignity of man. Ontological aspects of ethics.
- 9. Medical research with living subjects /Nuremberg code, Declaration of Helsinki, informed consent, nonethical research in modern time, ethics of research on animals.
- 10. Active euthanasia and asisted suicide. Movements for active euthanasia, slippery slope. Nazi Germany - euthanasia movement. Holland model and its criticism. The limits of self-destruction.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
Information on completion of the course: po absolvování seminářů a přednášek
The course is taught each semester.
General note: Informace o náplni seminářů - viz lék. etika 2.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: blokové semináře - 30 hodin v jednom týdnu.