PdF:VZpM31 Methodology - Health Education - Course Information
VZpM31 Methodology - Health Education 2Faculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- PhDr. Mgr. Lenka Adámková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Mgr. Jitka Slaná Reissmannová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PaedDr. Vladislav Mužík, CSc.
Department of Physical and Health Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Andrea Špačková
Supplier department: Department of Physical and Health Education - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- VZpM31/01: Thu 11:00–12:50 učebna 27, J. Slaná Reissmannová
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- VZpM12 Methodology - Health Education 1
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Health Education (programme PdF, N-ZS)
- Course objectives
- The objective of the course is to present practical experience and skills required for the teachers’ methodological competence. An emphasis is on the didactic transformation and methodological approaches to various health education topics. The course also includes students’ teaching attempts in elementary school and their analysis as a preparation for teaching experience as part of the study.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon completion of the course the students will:
Understand and be able to explain and use the basic knowledge of health education didactics in practice,
Be able to use the knowledge for the purposes of a reflected methodological outcome,
Be able to prepare and assess a teaching unit based on a didactic analysis,
Be able to define specific problems associated with teaching health education in elementary school,
Be able to define the didactic skills of a teacher of health education.
- Content of seminars:
- 1. Didactic transformation of the following topics: Human relationships and forms of coexistence. The family of a wider social environment, Changes in the life of an individual and their reflection. Ontogenetic development. Sex education. Reproductive health. Healthy lifestyle and health care. Human nutrition and health. Physical activity and health. Health risks and their prevention. Self-destructive addictions. Value of health and health promotion. Safe conduct, Human protection in emergency situations. Personality and social development. Fundamentals of mental hygiene. Stress and its association with health;
- 2. Micro-teaching;
- 3. Preparation and delivery of health education;
- 4. Analysis and assessment of health education
- required literature
- PETTY, Geoffrey. Moderní vyučování. Translated by Jiří Foltýn. Šesté, rozšířené a př. Praha: Portál, 2013. 562 stran. ISBN 9788026203674. info
- PASCH, Marvin. Od vzdělávacího programu k vyučovací hodině. Vyd. 2. Praha: Portál, 2005. 416 s. ISBN 8073670542. info
- DONÁT, Josef and Nora DONÁTOVÁ. Důvěrně a otevřeně o sexualitě : sexuální výchova pro základní školu a pro nižší ročníky víceletých gymnázií. 1. vyd. Praha: Fortuna, 1996. 95 s. ISBN 807168371X. info
- Teaching methods
- Theoretical preparation for the didactic transformation of health education, micro-teaching, discussion in a seminar group
- Assessment methods
- Students shall produce 2 seminar papers – based on the topics from the health education textbooks. Students shall focus on the theory and didactic aspects of the topic according to relevant subject area didactics. During an expert discussion they will be able to apply the knowledge of health education didactics.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses