FF:IJ1B002 Practical Italian Ex. II - Course Information
IJ1B002 Practical Italian Exercises IIFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Valeria De Tommaso, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Magdaléna Nahálková (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Egle Mocciaro, Dottore di Ricerca
Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- IJ1B001 Practical Italian Ex. I
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 9 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of this course is to develop written and oral abilities by means of original texts and materials at level B2 of language according to CEFR.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course the students will be able to -talk about past events and historical events -understand connections among verb tenses in a text -express opinions, feelings, douts, awkwardness, hopes -give instructions, orders, support -understand and use figures of speech Structures: -direct and indirect relative pronouns -past tenses (of Indicativo and Congiuntivo) -subjunctive - indefinite adjectives and pronouns - the impersonal form - hypothetical period of unreality - direct and indirect speech - implicit verb forms (infinitive, participle, gerund)
- Conversation, grammar exercises and focus on communicative skills. The course is taught by using a communicative teaching approach with the use of original texts and other material in order to make students learn Italian language in use. Lexical areas: interests and hobbies, superstitions, coffee, character and mood, nicknames, travel, manias and habits.
- recommended literature
- RUGGIERI, Lorenza. La grammatica vien leggendo! Testi letterari e attività per scoprire la lingua. Prima edizione. Milano: Edilingua, 2014. 94 stran. ISBN 9788898433087
- not specified
- Matteo La Grassa, "L'italiano all'università", Edilingua 2011
- MANCINI, Daniela and Tommaso MARANI. Il congiuntivo : grammatica - esercizi - curiosità. Prima edizione. Firenze: ALMA, 2015. 160 stran. ISBN 9788861823723. info
- NOCCHI, Susanna. Grammatica pratica della lingua italiana : esercizi, test, giochi. Edited by Ciro Massimo Naddeo. Firenze: Alma, 2002. 254 s. ISBN 9788886440349. info
- Teaching methods
- Class activities: reading of selected passages from the narrative of contemporary Italian writers (Mauresing, De Crescenzo, Sciascia, Terzani, Calvino, Camilleri, Tabucchi, Eco, Baricco, Ginzburg), listening to audio connected to the read text, linguistic analysis at a lexical, morphological and textual level, in-depth study of grammatical structures, reuse of the lexicon and structures through couple and group activities. The materials are made available in the computer system or distributed in the lessons.
- Assessment methods
- The final evaluation will consist of an average of the following parameters: 1) class attendance (min.75%), 2) active participation in class, 3) reading of an entire book by an Italian author (preferably contemporary fiction) to which the written theme is linked (250-400 words), 4) written test.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses