FF:KRBcDipl B.A. Thesis - Course Information
KRBcDipl B.A. Diploma ThesisFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 0 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Bc. Kateřina Bočková Loudová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Juraj Franek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Irena Radová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Steklá, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Irena Radová, Ph.D.
Department of Classical Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Jitka Erlebachová
Supplier department: Department of Classical Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The primary aim of the course is the preparation and submission of the B.A. diploma thesis that conforms to the general best-practice rules and regulations for the B.A. theses. Students enroll in this course along with the course KR019 B.A. Diploma Thesis Seminar. They do so at the latest for the semester in which they are planning to submit the B.A. diploma thesis and take the final state examination.
- Learning outcomes
- Following the successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- search for and work with scholarly literature;
- cite properly primary and secondary sources;
- describe the best practice in writing a scholarly text, with respect to both form and contents;
- write a diploma thesis while applying the aforementioned skills;
- prepare a systematic presentation of the diploma thesis.
- Student chooses the topic of his/her B.A. diploma thesis in concert with the advisor whose research background coincides with the chosen topic. Student chooses from the list of the available topics in the Information System. If they so desire, students may present their own topic, but it has to be greenlighted by the advisor. Students are also attending the specialized seminary KR019 B.A. Diploma Thesis Seminar and consults his/her thesis related work with the supervisor on a regular basis.
- Eco, U. (1997). Jak napsat závěrečnou práci. Olomouc: Votobia.
- Kubátová, H. - Šimek, D. (2007). Od abstraktu do závěrečné práce: Jak napsat diplomovou práci ve společenskovědních a humanitních oborech. Praktická příručka. Olomouc: Univerzita Palackého v Olomouci.
- Pokorný, J. (2004). Úspěšnost zaručena: Jak efektivně zpracovat a obhájit diplomovou práci. Brno: Akademické nakladatelství CERM.
- Teaching methods
- Individual advisor-student tutorial in methodology of the writing of the diploma thesis: synopsis, introduction, methods of text analysis, argumentation, and conclusion. Presentation of the work-in-progress in the specialized course KR019 B.A. Diploma Thesis Seminar.
- Assessment methods
- The advisor awards the course-unit credits for the semester on the basis of the submitted thesis meeting formal requirements. The thesis will be graded on the basis of the defence and the evaluation reports of the advisor and a second reader.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught each semester.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2021/KRBcDipl