FF:PAM147 Age management - Course Information
PAM147 Age managementFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/16/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. et Mgr. Klára Harvánková (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Petr Hlaďo, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. et Mgr. Zuzana Vařejková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Petr Hlaďo, Ph.D.
Department of Educational Sciences - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Kateřina Zelená
Supplier department: Department of Educational Sciences - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 15 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/15, only registered: 0/15, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/15
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Students will achieve knowledge of basements, principles, tools and possibilities of implemetnantion of age management. They will understand problems of population aging and related socio-economic and cultural aspects, situation in labor market in the Czech Republic, trends of working environment and measurement of working capacity through WAI. Students will be able to use the information trouht their own task and apply the knowledge and skills in practice. Students will have the opportunity to discuss with other students and lecturers at seminars and via e-learning forum.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to: - analyse the situation of a given organization in terms of age management - implement the principles of age management in practice - design individual age management measures - analyse current labour market trends
- 1.Basic principles of age management (aging, age, demographic situation in the Czech Republic) 2.Development of age management; age management in strategic documents 3.Generation in the labor market (strengths and weaknesses of individual generations and their expectations, employment of generations, examples of system projects in the Czech Republic) 4.Endangered groups in the labor market and their specifics - graduates, parents, 50+, seniors (current situation, measures and tools to support specific groups, prevention of unemployment) 5.Adaptation and preparation for old age; the concept of active and successful aging; end of working career; adaptation to the post-productive stage of life 6.Age management in the organization - management of the different age structure of the employees in the organization (personnel planning, recruitment and selection of employees, adaptation of employees, evaluation of employees, remuneration and care of employees, training and development of workers, reconciliation of profession and family, talent management; the benefits and risks of age management in the organization) 7.Psychological and personal aspects of age discrimination at various stages of professional life (stereotypes, ageism, diversity management) 8.Intergenerational sharing of knowledge in an organization; age management measures in the personnel system 9.Health and quality of life of older workers and possible measures (working environment, physical burden, mental load, work organization) 10.Work Ability Index (WAI) (work capacity support for different age groups) 11.„Towards Successful Seniority TM“ and use in different target groups 12.Examples of projects and good practice of age management in the Czech Republic and foreign countries. 13.Presentation of the final projects.
- recommended literature
- Novotný P. a kol. (2014). Jak rozumět stárnutí a jak na něj reagovat. Možnosti uplatnění Age managementu v České republice. Praha: AIVD.
- Rabušicová, M., Brücknerová, K., Kamanová, L., Novotný, P., Pevná K., & Vařejková, Z. (2016). Mezigenerační učení: Teorie, výzkum, praxe. Brno: Masarykova univerzita.
- not specified
- Ilmarinen, J. (2008). Ako si predĺžit aktívny život. Starnutie a kvalita pracovného života v Európskej únii. Bratislava: Príroda.
- Cimbálníková, L. a kol. (2012). Age Management pro práci s cílovou skupinou 50+. Metodická příručka. Praha: AIVD ČR.
- Ilmarinen, J. (2009). Work Ability – a comprehensive concept for occupational health research and prevention. Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment and Health, 35(1), s. 1-5.
- Novotný, P. (2009). Učení pro pracoviště. Prostor pro uplatnění konceptu workplace learning v českém prostředí. Brno: Masarykova univerzita.
- Cimbálníková, L. a kol. (2011). Age Management. Komparativní analýza podmínek a přístupů využívaných v České republice a ve Finsku. Praha: AIVD ČR.
- Šimandlová, N., & Ferrarová, E. (2014). Stárnutí populace jako výzva. Age Management a postavení lidí 50+ ve společnosti a na trhu práce. Praha: Alternativa50+.
- Teaching methods
- lectures, seminars, discussion
- Assessment methods
- final project
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses