FF:PJ_03 Polish for Beginners - Course Information
PJ_03 Polish for BeginnersFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Malgorzata Balcerzak (lecturer)
Bc. Alicja Łysień (seminar tutor)
Karolina Matoga (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Roman Madecki, Ph.D.
Department of Slavonic Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Malgorzata Balcerzak
Supplier department: Department of Slavonic Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- PJ_03/A: Mon 18:00–19:40 B2.33, M. Balcerzak
PJ_03/B: Thu 18:00–19:40 D33, M. Balcerzak
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! OBOR ( PJ ) || ! OBOR ( PJFP ) || ! NOWANY ( PJN102 Course of Polish I , PJN103 Basic Polish Grammar I , PJ_05 Polish for Advanced Students )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 40 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 40/40, only registered: 39/40, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/40
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 58 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Aim of the course is to provide the students with the basics of the Polish phonetics, orthography, morphology and basic conversation topics.;
The course covers units 1-7 from "Po polsku 1"(Kraków 2010) textbook.;
At the end of this course students will be able to:;
- Read and write the typical letters of Polish alphabet correctly.;
- greet and react appropriately in basic social situations.;
- ask a Polish native speaker for repeating or slowing down.;
- present themselves, their family members and friends (occupation, hobbies, studies, character, how old am I, name, how am I, languages, favourite meal, free time – what, when, how often, daily routine) and talk about these basics.;
- succesfuly handle communication in restaurants.;
- answer the question “What is the time?”;
- use basic prepositions and conjunctions the right way.;
- use numerals 0-10 000.;
- understand easy Polish text.;
- "Po polsku 1" textbook. Units 1-7. SZYMKIEWICZ, Aneta a Małgorzata MAŁOLEPSZA. Po polsku 1. Kraków: Prolog, 2010. ISBN 9788360229248.
- STEMPEK, Iwona, Anna STELMACH, Sylwia DAWIDEK a Aneta SZYMKIEWICZ. Polski: Krok po kroku A1. 1. vyd. Kraków: Glossa, 2010. ISBN 978-83-930731-0-8.
- SZYMKIEWICZ, Aneta a Małgorzata MAŁOLEPSZA. Po polsku 1. Kraków: Prolog, 2010. ISBN 9788360229248.
- Teaching methods
- Theoretical instruction combined with numerous practical language exercises, homeworks, e-learning in the Elf system (since winter term 2013).
- Assessment methods
- Active participation in lessons, an obligatory homework, activity in the e-learning part of the course, final written test (the student must get at least 70 % of points).
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Tento předmět není určen pro studenty polonistiky!
- Information about innovation of course.
- This course has been innovated under the project "Faculty of Arts as Centre of Excellence in Education: Complex Innovation of Study Programmes and Fields at FF MU with Regard to the Requirements of the Knowledge Economy“ – Reg. No. CZ.1.07/2.2.00/28.0228, which is cofinanced by the European Social Fond and the national budget of the Czech Republic.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2020/PJ_03