FF:KSCX02 Modern Chinese II - Course Information
KSCX02 Modern Chinese IIFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Jiří Plucar, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Lucie Olivová, MA, Ph.D., DSc.
Department of Chinese Studies - Asia Studies Centre - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Jiří Plucar, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Chinese Studies - Asia Studies Centre - Faculty of Arts
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- KSCX02/01: Tue 19:10–20:45 zrusena M12, J. Plucar
KSCX02/02: Tue 17:30–19:05 zrusena M12, J. Plucar
- RLB130 Modern Chinese I || KSCX01 Modern Chinese I
The course requires previous attending Moderní čínština I (RLB130, KSCX01)
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 40 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/40, only registered: 0/40, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/40
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Upon successful completion of the course, students will reach intermediate level in Chinese language in these four competencies:
- speaking: o Spoken Mediation: Students will be able to reproduce conversation schemes in conversation situation given by the textbook (Moderní čínština pro nesinology (Lesson 5-10)) o Spoken Interaction and Production: In the same time they will independently apply the conversation schemes and acquired vocabulary to other conversation situation and themes.
- reading: o Reading Comprehension: Students will be able to read basic conversation texts given in the textbook (Moderní čínština pro nesinology, Lesson 5-10)). In the same time they will be able to apply acquired grammar, vocabulary and the reading principles to unknown texts, which are in the terms of their level equivalent to the textbook text.
o Written Mediation: Students will be able to actively reproduce a written text given by the (Moderní čínština pro nesinology, Lesson 5-10)
o Written production: Students will be able to use acquired skills to create own texts.
- Listening Comprehension: Students will be able to identify and comprehend conversation situations in the textbooks: Moderní čínština pro nesinology (Lesson 5-10)) and Učebnice čínské konverzace.
- 1. Repetition, new vocabulary L5
- 2. Lesson 5: grammar: adverbial complement, future tense in Chinese, comparative.
- 3. Lesson 5: grammar exercise, reading Chinese text, vocabulary L6
- 4. Lesson 6: grammar: question "how many", place specification: markers of place after noun, preposition zai, verb you; adverb dou and word order; grammar exercise
- 5. Lesson 6: grammar exercise, reading Chinese text, vocabulary L7
- 6. Test, grammar and conversation exercises
- 7. Lekce 7: grammar: 2-syllable markers of place after noun, prepositions (of place) and word order, emphasizing, exercise
- 8. Lesson 7: grammar: direction modificators and word order,counting above 100; reading, grammar exercise, vocabulary L8
- 9. Lesson 8:exercises, grammar: result modificators, adverbial complement (continuation); reading
- 10.Lesson 8: exercises, conversation: what time is it ?, time specification in Chinese
- 11. Lesson 9: exercises, conversation, grammar: verbal numeratives, indirect object
- 12. Lesson 10: exercises, conversation, grammar: comparison, conditional sentences
- required literature
- Kol. autorů. Moderní čínština pro nesinology. Olomouc: Univerzita Palackého, 2011.
- recommended literature
- Náhradní obsah: Švarný, Oldřich a David Uher: Hovorová čínština. Úvod do studia hovorové čínštiny [Colloguial Chinese. An Introduction to the Chinese Language]. Olomouc: Univerzita Palackého 2001, 190 p. ISBN 80-244-0298-X.
- UHER, David, Xuemin LIU and Jakub VYKOUKAL. Učebnice čínské konverzace. Vydání první. Praha: Leda, 2007. 223 stran. ISBN 9788073351090. info
- Transkripce čínštiny. Edited by Hana Třísková. Praha: Česko-čínská společnost, 1999. xv, 104. ISBN 809025151X. info
- not specified
- TŘÍSKOVÁ, Hana and Drahomír ILLÍK. Česko-čínská konverzace. Edited by Tchang Jün-ling Rusková. Praha: Academia, 1991. ISBN 8020003886. info
- Teaching methods
- The course which has a form of language training, is based on a textbook: Moderní čínština pro nesinology, which was designed for the need of this particular course at Palacky University (Olomouc). The emphasis is put on even cultivation of four basic language competencies: speaking, reading, writting, and listening comprehension by interpretation of grammar, drill in creating correct syntactic structures with respect to specific contexts, reading, and homeworks.
- Assessment methods
- Minimum to complete the course: 75% Total grade consists of:
Condition: presence, homework and activity.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses