FF:PHDZ2 Philosophy for doct. studies 2 - Course Information
PHDZ2 Philosophy for doctoral studies 2Faculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 10 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Ing. Mgr. Zdeňka Jastrzembská, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Josef Krob, CSc.
Department of Philosophy - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of Philosophy - Faculty of Arts
- Fri 26. 3. 12:00–13:40 C33, Fri 23. 4. 12:00–13:40 C33, Fri 21. 5. 12:00–13:40 C33
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 182 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course is devoted to science communication. Its contents are answers to questions such as: how and why to present and promote the outcomes of scientific work, what are the factors of effective communication or how to define and segment the target group. The main objective of this course is to familiarize with the tools and possibilities of science communication and to apply them in the field of humanities.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students will be able: to explain why and how to communicate scientific topics; to understand the factors of effective communication; to apply them in the field of humanities.
- 1. introduciton to science communication 2. target groups and communication tools 3. best practices
- Introducing science communication : a practical guide. Edited by Mark Brake - Emma Weitkamp. 1st pub. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2010. viii, 177. ISBN 9780230573857. info
- Cesty k vědě : jak správně myslet a psát. Edited by Břetislav Horyna - Josef Krob. 1. vyd. Olomouc: Nakladatelství Olomouc, 2007. 170 s. ISBN 9788071822233. info
- Science communication in theory and practice. Edited by Susan M. Stocklmayer - Michael M. Gore - Chris Bryant. Dordrecht: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2001. xv, 284. ISBN 1402001312. info
- Handbook of science communication. Edited by Anthony Wilson. 1st pub. Bristol: Institute of Physics Publishing, 1998. xiii, 159. ISBN 0750305185. info
- Teaching methods
- lectures, group projects
- Assessment methods
- project, case study
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 3x2 hodiny za semestr.