PřF:B6492 Molecular biology - practice 2 - Course Information
B6492 Molecular Biology - Practice 2Faculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/6/0. 7 credit(s). Type of Completion: graded credit.
- prof. RNDr. Roman Pantůček, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Vladislava Růžičková, CSc. (seminar tutor)
prof. RNDr. Jan Šmarda, CSc. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Roman Pantůček, Ph.D.
Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Roman Pantůček, Ph.D.
- B5491 Molecular biology - practice 1 && NOW ( B6400 Methods of molecular biology )
The course continues from B5491 Velké praktikum z molekulární biologie 1
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/20, only registered: 0/20
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Cellular and Molecular Diagnostics (programme PřF, B-BI)
- Course objectives
- The subject is a part of basic course Molecular biology for students of discipline Molecular and cellular diagnostic. It comprises the tasks that offer acquiring of basic methods in molecular biology and genetic engineering.
- Isolation and preparation of plasmid DNA and foreign DNA for molecular clonig in pUC plasmid vectors (determination of purity and concentration of DNA; digestion of DNA by restriction endonucleases; defosforylation of DNA ends by alcalic phosphatase, ligaion of vector and foreign DNA by T4 DNA ligase, transformation of competent cells, identification of recombinant clones on ampicillin plates, restriction analysis and construction of restriction maps of recombinant plasmids); Ultracentrifugation in sacharose gradient. Analysis of genomic bacterial DNA: identification of specific genes, characterization of bacterial strains by DNA fingerprinting; Pulsed-field gel electrophoresis of bacterial genomic DNA (preparation of samples, digestion with restriction endonuclease SmaI, PFGE); DNA hybridization (non-radioactive labeling of DNA by digoxigenin, Southern bloting, hybridization with labeled probe, immunologic detection); PCR (polymerase chain reaction), RAPD-PCR; DNA sequencing.
- SAMBROOK, J., E.F. FRITSCH and T. MANIATIS. Molecular Cloning. A laboratory Manual. Second Edition. Cold Spring Harbor: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 1989. ISBN 0-87969-309-6. info
- Assessment methods (in Czech)
- Výuka probíhá každý týden v letním semestru. Předpokladem pro získání zápočtu je absolvování všech úloh a vypracování zápočtového testu.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/spring2002/B6492