PřF:B6390 Molecular Methods - Course Information
B6390 Methods of Molecular GeneticsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/3/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. RNDr. Jiří Doškař, CSc. (lecturer)
prof. RNDr. Jan Šmarda, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Jan Šmarda, CSc.
Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Jan Šmarda, CSc.
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- B4020 Molecular biology || B4030 Molecular biology || B6130 Molecular biology
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Enzymes in molecular biology - in vitro manipulation with DNA. Isolation, identification and characterization of DNA fragments. Electrophoretic and electronmicroscopic analyses of DNA. Restriction analysis of DNA, physical mapping of genomes. DNA sequencing, genomic sequencing. Hybridization techniques, preparation of hybridization probes. Principle of DNA cloning. Prokaryotic vectors. Genomic libraries. Identification of recombinant DNA. Polymerase chain reaction. Transcription and translation in vitro.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/spring2000/B6390