PřF:F1140 Introduction into Physics - Course Information
F1140 Introduction into PhysicsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. RNDr. Eduard Schmidt, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Michal Lenc, Ph.D.
Department of Condensed Matter Physics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Eduard Schmidt, CSc.
- Thu 16:00–17:50 F1,01014
- Requirements of physics on the level of grammar school.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Chemistry (programme PřF, M-SS)
- Course objectives
- Introduction to physics is elementary introduction into the world of physics and physical thinking. Physics is general and reliable basis of all natural sciences. To understand them it is necessary to have at least general view how physics and physicists look into the nature. The aim is to make students familiar in general what physicists do, what methods are using and what are the actual concepts of the nature on the basis of physical research. All lecture needs only basic calculus on the introductory level.
- 1. What is physics. History. Relation to mathematics and natural sciences. 2. Physical research. Observation, experiment, theory, model. 3. Measurement. Basic physical quantities. Systems of units. Practical measurement. 4. Space, time and motion. Kinematics. Dynamics. Special theory of relativity. 5. Interaction in nature. Fundamental interactions. Field. 6. Fundamental physical constants. e, c, h... 7. Physical laws. Conservation laws. 8. Order and chaos. 9. Micro-world. Structure of matter. Particles. Quantum physics. 10.Mezo-world. Gases, liquids, solid state, granular matter. 11.Macro-world. Universe. Theory of everything.
- D.Halliday,R.Resnick,J.Walker:Fyzika, VUT v Brně,ISBM 80-214-1868-0
- F.JKeller,W.D.Gettys,M.J.Skove:Physics, McGraw-Hill,Inc 1993,ISBM 0-07-112674-0
- Assessment methods (in Czech)
- Přednáška zakončená kolokviem
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.