PřF:F1140 Introduction into Physics - Course Information
F1140 Introduction into PhysicsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 2 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Naděžda Špačková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Josef Humlíček, CSc.
Department of Condensed Matter Physics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: Mgr. Naděžda Špačková, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Condensed Matter Physics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
- Mon 18. 9. to Fri 15. 12. Thu 16:00–17:50 F1,01014
- knowledge of physics at the grammar school level.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- For successful passing the course, the students must be able to
- list and explain basic methods of physical exploration of the surrounding world
- debate the application of the methods in particular cases of seeking answers for fundamental problems of natural sciences
- discuss the current reality concepts based on the physical research.
- 1. What is physics? History. Relation to mathematics and natural sciences. 2. Physical research. Observation, experiment, theory, model. 3. Measurement. Basic physical quantities. Systems of units. Practical measurement. 4. Space, time and motion. Kinematics. Dynamics. 5. Interaction in nature. Fundamental interactions. Field. 6. Fundamental physical constants. e, c, h... 7. Physical laws. Conservation laws. 8. Oscillations and waves. 9. Micro-world. Structure of matter. Particles. Foundations of quantum physics. This course is an elementary introduction into the world of physics and physical thinking. The lectures will make the students familiar in general what physicists do, what methods are used and what are the actual concepts of the nature on the basis of physical research. The lectures need only basic calculus on the introductory level. Another goal is to improve communication with physicists in search of answers to fundamental problems of science.
- HALLIDAY, David, Robert RESNICK, Jearl WALKER a Petr DUB. Fyzika. Svazek 1. 2., přeprac. vyd. Brno: VUTIUM, c2013. Překlady vysokoškolských učebnic. ISBN 978-80-214-4123-1.
- SVOBODA, Emanuel. Přehled středoškolské fyziky. 5. přeprac. vyd. Praha: Prometheus, 2014. ISBN 978-80-7196-438-4.
- Teaching methods
- The lectures, accompanied by imagery.
- Assessment methods
- The lecture ends with written and oral exam.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.