PřF:F1140 Introduction into Physics - Course Information
F1140 Introduction into PhysicsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 2 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Naděžda Špačková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Zbyněk Fišer (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Josef Humlíček, CSc.
Department of Condensed Matter Physics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: Mgr. Naděžda Špačková, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Condensed Matter Physics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
- Mon 17. 2. to Fri 15. 5. Tue 17:00–18:50 F2,02012
- knowledge of physics at the grammar school level
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- Physics is general and reliable basis of all natural sciences. To understand them it is necessary to have at least general view how physics and physicists look into the nature.
This course is an elementary introduction into the world of physics and physical thinking. This course is a follow-up of a secondary school course of physics and it aims to review and improve students' knowledge of physics and put the base for further physical studies. Students need only basic calculus on the introductory level.
At the end of the course students will be able
- to understand fundamental physical terms and principles
- understand links among various fields of physics
- to solve physical problems using basic mathematics apparatus
- 1. What is physics, relation to natural sciences, physical research, SI units
- 2. Kinematics
- 3. Force and motion, Newton's laws, types od forces
- 4. Work, kinetic and potential energies, momentum
- 5. Circular and rotational motion, equilibrium
- 6. Hydrostatics and hydrodynamics
- 7. Oscillations and waves
- 8. Thermodynamics and molecular physics
- 9. Electrostatics, electric field, voltage
- 10. Electric current, Ohm's law
- 11. Magnetic field, electromagnetism
- 12. Optics
- 13. Basics of modern physics
- HALLIDAY, David, Robert RESNICK, Jearl WALKER a Petr DUB. Fyzika. Svazek 1. 2., přeprac. vyd. Brno: VUTIUM, c2013. Překlady vysokoškolských učebnic. ISBN 978-80-214-4123-1.
- SVOBODA, Emanuel. Přehled středoškolské fyziky. 5. přeprac. vyd. Praha: Prometheus, 2014. ISBN 978-80-7196-438-4.
- Teaching methods
- The lectures, accompanied by imagery.
- Assessment methods
- The lecture ends with written exam.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/spring2020/F1140