PřF:F5370 Biophysical labs by UFKL - Course Information
F5370 Biophysical labs by UFKLFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/3. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: graded credit.
- prof. Dr. Jiří Kozelka, PhD. (lecturer)
Mgr. Karel Kubíček, PhD. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Josef Humlíček, CSc.
Department of Condensed Matter Physics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: Mgr. Karel Kubíček, PhD.
- Tue 13:00–15:50 Fpbf,-1017
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Biophysics (programme PřF, B-FY)
- Course objectives
- This practical course is focused on protein expression and purification (cytochrome b5 and/or c). It is possible to express an alternative protein of student's choice, the student has to discuss, however, this with the head of this course.
- This practical course is focused on protein expression and purification (cytochrome b5 and/or c). It is possible to express an alternative protein of student's choice, the student has to discuss, however, this with the head of this course. Main topics of this course: 1) cell-growth and OD monitoring 2) centrifugation and sonication 3) vertical and horizontal ELFO 4) purification of the expressed protein using liquid chromatography The student(s) will prepare all buffers and media as well as gels as a part of this course. The protocols and other materials will be provided handed to the student during the first informative course.
- Pollock, W.B.R., Rosell, F.I., Twitchett, M.B., Dumont, M.E. & Mauk, A.G. (1998) Bacterial expression of a mitochondrial cytochrome c. Trimethylation of lys72 in yeast iso-1-cytochrome c and alkaline conformational transition. Biochemistry 37, 6124-6131.
- Assessment methods
- In this practical course, the student is awarded graded credit after a completion of the course with 100% participation. The student's understanding of the process of protein expression is controlled continuously through discussions during the practical course.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information