PřF:C7176 DNA diagnostics - Course Information
C7176 DNA diagnosticsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/4/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: graded credit.
- prof. RNDr. Omar Šerý, Ph.D. (lecturer), doc. Mgr. Jan Lochman, Ph.D. (deputy)
Mgr. Lukáš Častulík (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Omar Šerý, Ph.D.
Department of Biochemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- C7176/01: Mon 16:00–19:50 C05/108, L. Častulík
C7176/02: Mon 12:00–15:50 C05/108, L. Častulík
- C7175 DNA diagnostics
It is necessary to absolve course DNA diagnostics.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 32 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/32, only registered: 0/32, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/32
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to perform the practical DNA analysis - isolate DNA by different methods from different materials, use different PCR methods, restriction analysis, electrophoresis on agarose gel, DNA sequencing, and usa of immunochromatographic tests.
- 1. Theory, safety of work in laboratory, work with instruments 2. The comparison of DNA isolation methods – silica columns 3. The comparison of DNA isolation methods – paramagnetic particles 4. The comparison of DNA isolation methods – phenol-chloroform 5. The comparison of conventional PCR method with nested PCR method 6. Restriction analysis and electrophoresis 7. Theory and elaboration of obtained results 8. DNA sequencing a RealTime PCR 9. Analysis of drug metabolites and other substances by rapid tests
- Teaching methods
- 2-3 lectures with theoretical preparation and laboratory work.
- Assessment methods
- Graded credit according obtained laboratory protocols.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Nutností zápisu do předmětu je úspěšné absolvování zkoušky z DNA diagnostiky.