PřF:C7176 DNA diagnostics - Course Information
C7176 DNA diagnosticsFaculty of Science
Autumn 2011 - acreditation
The information about the term Autumn 2011 - acreditation is not made public
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/4/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: graded credit.
- prof. RNDr. Omar Šerý, Ph.D. (lecturer), doc. Mgr. Jan Lochman, Ph.D. (deputy)
Mgr. Lukáš Častulík (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Omar Šerý, Ph.D.
Department of Biochemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- C7175 DNA diagnostics
It is necessary to absolve course DNA diagnostics.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 60 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/60, only registered: 0/60, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/60
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to perform the practical DNA analysis - isolate DNA by different methods from different materials, use different PCR methods, restriction analysis, electrophoresis on agarose gel, DNA sequencing, and the usage of immunochromatographic tests.
- 1. Theory, safety of work in laboratory, work with instruments 2. The comparison of DNA isolation methods – silica columns 3. The comparison of DNA isolation methods – paramagnetic particles 4. The comparison of DNA isolation methods – phenol-chloroform 5. The detection of I/D ACE polymorphism 6. Collecting of blood sucking arthropods in forest and isolation of DNA from arthropods 7. Real Time PCR detection and quantification of Borrelia sp. In blood sucking arthropods 8. The determination of Borrelia species by DNA sequencing. 9. Analysis of drug metabolites and other substances by rapid tests
- Teaching methods
- 2-3 lectures with theoretical preparation and laboratory work.
- Assessment methods
- Graded credit according obtained laboratory protocols.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Nutností zápisu do předmětu je úspěšné absolvování zkoušky z DNA diagnostiky.