PřF:C7176 DNA diagnostics - Course Information
C7176 DNA diagnosticsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/4/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: graded credit.
- prof. RNDr. Omar Šerý, Ph.D. (lecturer), doc. Mgr. Jan Lochman, Ph.D. (deputy)
Mgr. Lukáš Častulík (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Omar Šerý, Ph.D.
Department of Biochemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- C7176/01: Tue 9:00–12:50 C05/108
C7176/02: Wed 14:00–17:50 C05/108
C7176/03: Thu 11:00–14:50 C05/108
C7176/04: Fri 9:00–12:50 C05/108
- C7175 DNA diagnostics
It is necessary to absolve course DNA diagnostics.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 64 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/64, only registered: 0/64, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/64
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to perform the practical DNA analysis - isolate DNA by different methods from different materials, use different PCR methods, restriction analysis, electrophoresis on agarose gel, DNA sequencing, and the usage of immunochromatographic tests.
- 1. The opening theoretical preparation, lab safety instructions and explanation of DNA isolation methods from buccal mucosa. 2. The detection of the I/D polymorphism of ACE gene using PCR and restriction analysis and detection of the Taq I A polymorphism of DRD2 gene (I). 3. The detection of the I/D polymorphism of ACE gene using PCR and restriction analysis and detection of the Taq I A polymorphism of DRD2 gene (II). 4. The isolation of DNA from a tick and the detection of B.b. sensu lato using RealTime PCR and nested PCR. 5. Topic boreliosis: nested PCR, the detection of B.b. sensu lato, the agarose electrophoresis of nested PCR products, sequencing analysis. 6. The assessment of DNA sequencing results from part of a genome B.b. sensu lato and the classification into species, design of primers and probes. 7. The detection of thrombophilic factors via fragmentation analysis on genetic analyzer. 8. The DNA sequencing of part of the gene for lactase - the determination of lactose intolerance. 9. The comparison of two “housekeeping” genes in order to establish the relative quantity of RNA from human tissue. 10. The assessment of drug metabolites and other substances by using of immunochromatographic tests.
- Teaching methods
- 2-3 lectures with theoretical preparation and laboratory work.
- Assessment methods
- Graded credit according obtained laboratory protocols.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Nutností zápisu do předmětu je úspěšné absolvování zkoušky z DNA diagnostiky.