PřF:C8170 Enzymology-sem. - Course Information
C8170 Enzymology - seminarFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. RNDr. Igor Kučera, DrSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Igor Kučera, DrSc.
Department of Biochemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
Supplier department: Department of Biochemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- NOW ( C8160 Enzymology )
related to the course on Enzymology
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The seminar accompanies the Enzymology lecture. Home work that is allocated to the students mainly includes exercises in handling data obtained in experiments with enzymes. The solutions are discussed and explained in greater detail in the classroom sessions.
- Learning outcomes
- The student will become proficient in enzyme nomenclature and calculations involving units of enzyme activity and kinetic parameters of the enzymes. The student will be able to describe models for enzyme behavior and use reaction kinetics equations to model that behavior and to discriminate among alternate models. Skills in scientific calculations, processing and interpretation of experimental data will also be increased.
- 1. Nomenclature of enzymes
- 2. Stereochemistry of enzyme-catalyzed reactions
- 3. Measurement and calculation of enzyme activity I
- 4. Measurement and calculation of enzyme activity II
- 5. Kinetics of one-substrate reactions, Michaelis-Menten equation I
- 6. Kinetics of one-substrate reactions, Michaelis-Menten equation II
- 7. Models in enzyme kinetics, parameters estimation
- 8. Inhibition of enzyme reactions
- 9. Multisubstrate enzyme reactions
- 10. Determination of enzyme mechanism
- 11. Bioanalytical aplications of enzymes I
- 12. Bioanalytical aplications of enzymes II
- Teaching methods
- seminars, and practical training related to the content of the Enzymology lecture course, calculations
- Assessment methods
- Credit; based on active participation at seminars, evaluation of examples, participation at the evaluation tests.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2021/C8170