PřF:C8170 Enzymology-sem. - Course Information
C8170 Enzymology - seminarFaculty of Science
Spring 2011 - only for the accreditation
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. RNDr. Petr Skládal, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Petr Skládal, CSc.
Department of Biochemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- NOW ( C8160 Enzymology )
related to the course on Enzymology
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The students will be able at the end of the course understand and create systematic names of enzymes, calculate activities of enzymes, evaluate and study enzyme kinetics, solve bioanalytical problems including calculations of assay results.
- 1. Enzyme nomenclature and enzyme activity. 2. Methods for measurement of enzyme activity I - photometric techniques. 3. Methods for measurement of enzyme activity II - oxygen sensor, pH stat, measurement of gaseous products. 4. Purification of enzymes and its evaluation. 5. Kinetics of monosubstrate reactions, Michaelis-Menten equation. 6. Determination of kinetic parameters from experimental results, integrated form of the Michaelis-Menten equation. 7. Effect of pH and temperature on enzyme kinetics. 8. Inhibition. 9. Multisubstrate reactions. 10. Cooperative effects. 11. Immobilized enzymes. 12. Bioanalytical aplications of enzymes. 13. Enzymes in immunoassay techniques.
- Teaching methods
- seminars, and practical training related to the content of the Enzymology lecture course, calculations
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Teacher's information