PřF:C6490 Methods in Field Research - Course Information
C6490 Methods of Field Research in Environmental Chemistry and EcotoxicologyFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 5 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Recommended Type of Completion: z (credit). Other types of completion: k (colloquium).
- prof. RNDr. Jakub Hofman, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Roman Prokeš, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Dr. Milan Váňa (seminar tutor), prof. RNDr. Jakub Hofman, Ph.D. (deputy)
Mgr. Karel Brabec, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jiří Novák, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Kateřina Nováková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Ivan Holoubek, CSc.
RECETOX - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Jakub Hofman, Ph.D.
Supplier department: RECETOX - Faculty of Science
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/20, only registered: 0/20, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/20
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Students are acqainted with many field methods for environmental studies and monitoring during week stay at Kosetice observatory in beautiful natural area.
At the end of the course, students should be able to:
- characterize activities of the observatory and describe its measuring equipment
- perform hydrobiological sampling and determine main organisms
- perform soil biota sampling and determine main organisms
- describe soil profile and interpret soil probe
- perform phytocaenological and identify main plant species
- discuss various aspects of fiel methods
- The first day: arrival, accomodation, introduction of the course plan, introduction of observatory and its measurements
- Next days: thematically oriented blocks of 3 general topics: soil, water and air
- VÁŇA, M., I. HOLOUBEK, A. PACL, J. PEKÁREK, V. SMRČKOVÁ, P. MACHÁLEK, Jan HELEŠIC, Zdeněk ŠEDA, V. ADAMEC, M. JANOUCH, J. HONZÁK, Alena ANSORGOVÁ, Jiří KOHOUTEK, Irena HOLOUBKOVÁ, V. SHATALOV, Sergej DUTCHAK, D. FOTTOVÁ, J. HRUŠKA, Jakub HOFMAN and Petr ANDĚL. Quality of the natural environment in the Czech Republic at the regional level. Results of the Košetice Observatory. Praha: ČHMÚ Praha, 2001. 189 pp. ISBN 80-85813-88-2. info
- HOLOUBEK, Ivan, Alena ANSORGOVÁ, Jiří KOHOUTEK, Irena HOLOUBKOVÁ, M. VÁŇA, A. PACL, J. PEKÁREK and V. SMRČKOVÁ. Regional background monitoring of persistent, bioaccumulative and toxic compounds in Central Europe - I:Overview of 12 years of TOCOEN project. Meteorologický časopis. Praha, 2001, vol. 4, No 2, p. 3-18. ISSN 1335-339X. info
- Teaching methods
- Week stay at Kosetice observatory of Czech Hydrometeorological Institute. All day terrain exercises with visiting experts. Independent work on submitted tasks. Creating final report.
- Assessment methods
- Credits granted only for students present, actively participating and those who provide final report
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 1 týden.
- Teacher's information