PřF:F8720 Plasma physics laboratory - Course Information
F8720 Plasma physics laboratoryFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/3/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. Mgr. Vít Kudrle, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Mgr. Vít Kudrle, Ph.D.
Department of Physical Electronics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. Mgr. Vít Kudrle, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Physical Electronics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
- Wed 9:00–11:50 Kontaktujte učitele
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Physics (programme PřF, N-FY)
- Course objectives
- At the end of the practical course the student should be able to: understand the principles of measuring methods; have the practical skill to perform the plasma diagnostics; interconnect the knowledge from different courses like Introduction to Plasma Physics, Plasma physics, Elementary processes in plasma, High frequency electronics and Vacuum physics
- Learning outcomes
- The students wiil be able to - practically work with different kinds of discharge - use basic principles and methods of plasma diagnostics - perform the data treatment - critically compare their own results with known sources - write scientifically - presnt and defend their work, methods and results
- plasma diagnostics using single Langmuir probe plasma diagnostics using double Langmuir probe measurement of first Townsend coefficient; study of processes in decaying plasma; verification of Paschen law; measurement of electron density by microwave interferometry; plasmachemical production of ozone; study of underwater discharge;
- Chen: Principles of Plasma Processing
- Teaching methods
- laboratory work
- Assessment methods
- defending the reports from all tasks
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses