PřF:XD107 Seminar of Ph.D. Chemistry stu - Course Information
XD107 Seminar of Ph.D. Chemistry studiesFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. RNDr. Jiří Pinkas, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Jiří Pinkas, Ph.D.
Department of Chemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Jiří Pinkas, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Chemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- Enrolment in the Chemistry doctoral study program
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 90 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Seminar XD107 is conducted as a one-day student conference and is intended for students in any field of the doctoral program Chemistry. Main objectives can be summarized as follows: 1) To create milieu for presentation of scientific work results of students in doctoral study program (DSP) Chemistry. 2) To present partial results of dissertation work in a form of a poster. 3) To present summary of results of dissertation thesis, this applies especially to those who are preparing for Ph.D. dissertation defence. 4) To give opportunity for making students familiar with research carried out at other universities in Czech Reapublic and abroad.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing this course, students will be: -familiar with research topics and accomplishments of other research groups in Department of Chemistry; -able to present partial results of dissertation work in a form of a poster; -able to present succintly results of dissertation thesis in a form of a lecture.
- One-day student konference; Compulsory attendance by all doctoral students in the Chemistry program; Section of lectures summarizing dissertation results; Poster session presenting partial results of dissertations; Active participation in the conference is based on: 1) request of a supervisor or a head of doctoral field commission or request of a Ph.D. student; 2) request to organize a lecture of a guest scientist.
- KOMENSKÝ, Jan Amos. Schola ludus (Přít.) : De studii pansophici impedimentis ; Laborum scholasticorum in illustri patakino gymnasio continuatio ; Vydání spisu Fortiova a Erasmova ; Fortius redivivus ; Praecepta morum ; Leges scholae bene ordinatae ; Schola ludus ; Coronis. info
- Teaching methods
- One-day student conference attended by all students enrolled in the doctoral program Chemistry.Presentation of posters with partial disertation results and lectures summarizing disertation outputs.
- Assessment methods
- Credit is granted based on attendance list of the student conference.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: in blocks.
- Teacher's information
- 1) One-day student conference takes place in UKB A11/132, usually at the end of semester. 2) The conference takes place regularly once per semester and students are informed by email. 3) Program of the conference is available in the IS MU in the Learning Materials. 4) Students interested in presenting at the conference will send abstracts 1 month before the end of semester. 5) Information about the conference date will be sent by email from IS MU and conference program, abstracts of lectures and poster presentations, and conference rules will be uploaded in the Learning Materials of XD107 course in the IS MU.