The course is intended for foreign students who wish to pursue higher education in the Czech Republic. No previous knowledge of Czech is required; the course is designed for complete beginners and is divided into two parts:
1. On-line course conducted via lectures, consultations and exercises from 5 October 2020 to 18 December 2020. The instruction will be held in ZOOM platform.
2. Contact (off-line) course held at Masaryk University in the form of lessons with a lecturer from 11 January 2021 to 21 May 2021.
The course offers students an introduction to the Czech language and the acquisition of basic language skills from the comfort of their own home, which is clearly an advantage given the current uncertainty as to how long lockdowns due to the coronavirus may last. Also, in this way students will then be able to attend the lectures given in person in the Czech Republic without fear of not being familiar with the essentials of the language.
With this course, you will be able to learn the basics on-line and then test and deepen your knowledge and skills in a Czech environment. This version of the course offers the chance to save on accommodation and travel costs as your physical presence is not required. The combination of the two approaches should create a comprehensive learning experience for all students who intend to become familiar with the Czech language in the university environment.
You will learn to communicate actively in everyday situations as well as to acquire the basics of communication in your specialisation. Specialised preparation for your studies will take the form of individual consultations and e-learning with a focus on self-study.
One of the main outcomes of the course is to contribute to the successful passing of entrance examinations to a university or other higher education institution. However, the scope of the course is much wider and will facilitate your integration into Czech society and overcoming social, cultural and language barriers. An individual approach to students and their needs is emphasised. The course will be completed by taking the final exam.
- Grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation
- Everyday life situations
- Czech history and culture
- Side events (university lectures and seminars, cultural events)
The course aims to help with mastering and deepening language, social and cultural knowledge and skills. The main goal is to prepare students for future higher education studies conducted in Czech.
- fill in and send an electronic application and a copy of the passport
- submit a document proving the completion of secondary education, no later than at the beginning of the course
- pay the course fee
- receipt of admission will be issued upon payment
- in case visa is not granted, the course fee shall be refunded in full
- information about visa issues
The course will be completed by passing the final examination and obtaining the certificate of completion.
The nature of the course makes possible tailoring of the teaching/learning materials to the users’ needs. We will use both the traditional textbooks of Czech as a foreign language and supplementary and authentic resources.
Students will only be admitted to the final examination if their attendance has not dropped below 70 %.
- final exams will take place from 31 May to 4 June 2021
- upon successfully passing the final exam, students will get a certificate of completion of the course and for the final exam according to the level achieved
- if a student fails the final exam, there is a possibility to resit
- this is not the Final State Examination!