LF:aVLOZ0241c Ochrana a podpora zdraví I -cv - Informace o předmětu
aVLOZ0241c Ochrana a podpora zdraví I - cvičeníLékařská fakulta
- 0/1/0. 1 kr. Ukončení: z.
- MUDr. Kräuff Rainer Schwanhaeuser Wulff, MBA, Ph.D. et Ph.D., M.A. (cvičící)
prof. MUDr. Bc. Zuzana Derflerová Brázdová, DrSc. (cvičící)
MUDr. Marie Kolářová, CSc. (cvičící)
Zdeňka Jochová (pomocník)
- prof. MUDr. Bc. Zuzana Derflerová Brázdová, DrSc.
Ústav veřejného zdraví - Teoretická pracoviště - Lékařská fakulta
Kontaktní osoba: MUDr. Kräuff Rainer Schwanhaeuser Wulff, MBA, Ph.D. et Ph.D., M.A.
Dodavatelské pracoviště: Ústav veřejného zdraví - Teoretická pracoviště - Lékařská fakulta
- Omezení zápisu do předmětu
- Předmět je určen pouze studentům mateřských oborů.
- Mateřské obory/plány
- Všeobecné lékařství (angl.) (program LF, M-VL)
- Cíle předmětu
After successfully completing the course, students will know the basic concepts and methods in the field of Public Health.
Students will be able to explain the benefits of population approach to the study of health and disease, and will be familiarized with the approaches, contents and basic concepts and methods of epidemiology.
Students will be able to search and interpret relevant data and use methods of descriptive and analytic epidemiology to describe and assess population health status.
- Výstupy z učení
- After successfully completing the course, students will:
- know the basic concepts and methods in the field of Public Health.
- be able to explain the benefits of population approach to the study of health and disease, and will be familiarized with the approaches, contents and basic concepts and methods of epidemiology.
- be able to search and interpret relevant data and use methods of descriptive and analytic epidemiology to describe and assess population health status.
1. General information about the course Public health I. Introduction to public health.
- 2. Introduction to epidemiology (definition of basic terms).
- 3. Measuring health and disease.
- 4. Levels of prevention. Primary, secondary and tertiary prevention. Screening and validity of tests.
- 5. Epidemiological studies - Types.
- 6. Epidemiological studies - Evaluation.
- 7. Causation in epidemiology.
- povinná literatura
- RECOMMENDED LITERATURE
- Bonita R, Beaglehole R, Kjellström: Basic epidemiology. 2nd edition. Geneva - Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2006. 212 pages. ISBN 978-92-4-154707-9.
- REQUIRED LITERATURE
- WHO: Health 2020. A European policy framework and strategy for the 21st Century. Geneva - Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2013. 182 pages. ISBN 978-92-890-0279-0
- Výukové metody
Seminář / cvičení, skupinové projekty a diskuze.
Nastudování VEŠKERÉ POVINNÉ LITERATURY.
Studentům, kteří budou vypracovávat výzkumné projekty či psát seminární práce během třetího, čtvrtého či pátého roku studia, je velmi doporučeno zapsat si následující předměty:
VSIL021 - Information literacy - (3 kredity) - e-learning.
VSKP041 - Kurz práce s informačními zdroji a nástroji (4 kredity).
- Metody hodnocení
REQUIREMENTS TO OBTAIN THE CREDIT:
1. 100 % attendance to seminars / practices during the semester.
2. Absences will be tolerated just due to medical reasons - Students must provide appropriate documentation or medical excuse.
+ Students must be aware that even with justified absences (medical excuse), a minimum of 80% attendance is required to obtain the credit. In case a student will have more than 20 % justified / unjustified absences, he / she will have to repeat the course in the following school year.
3. Fulfilment of given tasks:
+ In case of unjustified absence (per each one), a 1,500-2,000 word seminar paper and a 5-8 minutes power point presentation on the seminar paper topic will be given. If the seminar paper is rejected due to deficiencies and it is not corrected and submitted again, the student will not fulfil with the subject’s requirements, and he / she will not get the credit (See Absence and latecomer policy, Academic misconduct, plagiarism detection and unethical issues).
4. Active participation during the seminars / practices / lectures.
5. Pass the credit test. Students will be allowed to take the credit test only if they have fulfilled numeral 3 (requirements to obtain the credit).
*** This subject is part of the Public Health State Examination ***
See VLZP11XX - Public Health State Examination.
CREDIT TEST INFORMATION:
1. Get at least 70 % (14 out of 20 questions) in the credit test, which is a requisite to sit for examination.
2. Each student must register in the Information System (IS) in one of the offered credit test terms. The credit test has fixed examination terms / dates - (Only during the examination period, except the examination pre-term). No extra-terms will be given.
3. Students registered to a credit test term will fail the term if:
a-) arrive late to the test. No late arrival will be allowed after the start of the credit test.
b-) they are not present and previously do not cancel the term in the stipulated periods (see IS).
4. In case of failure, EACH STUDENT CAN RETAKE THE CREDIT TEST TWO MORE TIMES, only in given terms (according to Masaryk University study and examination regulations).
5. In case of failure during the third term (second resit), the student must repeat the course in the following school year.
6. All credit test questions are based on ALL REQUIRED LITERATURE, seminars and lectures.
The credit test is a written examination → 20 multiple choice question test, with only one correct answer - (to pass the test, it is required a minimum of 14 correct answers / points).
Passed → 14 and more correct answers / points.
Failed → 13 or less correct answers / points.
ABSENCE AND LATECOMER POLICY:
1. Justified, unjustified absences and late coming to classes:
a-) Justified absences → just due to medical reasons - Student must provide appropriate documentation or medical excuse in original.
b-) Unjustified absences → the student does not present the medical excuse (original) in the following week of the absence.
c-) Late coming to classes → the student arrives after attendance has been taken (3 minutes).
2. Measures against absenteeism or late coming to classes:
a-) Every unjustified absence or late coming to classes leads to a 1,500-2,000 word seminar paper plus a 5-8 minutes power point presentation on the same topic (the topics will be assigned in the same week of the absence or late coming).
b-) The seminar paper must be submitted on the subject’s vault within the next 6 days of the incident (absence or late coming), in other case it will be rejected → They will not get the credit.
c-) Students will receive an email with the seminar paper instructions, and the word and power point frames.
d) Students take full responsibility for their seminar paper(s) and power point presentation(s). (See Academic misconduct, plagiarism detection and unethical issues).
3. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS. In the following cases, students will be not get the credit / allowed to take the credit test:
* Not submitting the assigned seminar paper.
* If the seminar paper is rejected due to deficiencies and is not corrected and submitted again.
* If despite the fact the seminar paper is accepted but the power point presentation is not shown in class.
* If the seminar paper is rejected three times.
* If the seminar paper has plagiarism or any unethical issues.
ACADEMIC MISCONDUCT, PLAGIARISM DETECTION AND UNETHICAL ISSUES:
1. Any attempts of ACADEMIC MISCONDUCT, such as cheating or assisting someone else to cheat during the credit test, will result in disciplinary actions, such as:
a-) You will be required to hand over your examination paper and asked to leave the examination room. This means, you failed the examination (examination term), with the respective score F / 4, on your academic records in the information system.
b-) Opening disciplinary proceedings.
c-) Failing the subject / course.
d-) Expulsion from university.
2. During the examination, it is forbidden to:
a-) Use smart phones / Tablets.
b-) Use laptops.
c-) To wear earphones or headphones (if not medical prescribed).
d-) To talk.
*In such cases, disciplinary actions will be taken (See above numeral 1).
3. Every seminar paper will be checked / scanned on university and external systems for online plagiarism detection.
4. Cases of suspected plagiarism will be investigated and given to the Disciplinary Committee as a motion to open disciplinary proceedings, according to the Disciplinary Code for Faculty Students.
5. Unethical issues will lead to seminar paper rejection → not getting the credit → repeating the course next school year or expulsion from university.
6. The plagiarism scan system is able to detect cut and paste from other languages with its respective translation into English. Avoid complications. Simply read the source and use your own words and the citate (quote) the source of information.
7. Students MUST be aware that before acceptance, all citations are controlled (compared with the original source). It will not be tolerated any attempts to create or manipulate citations (ACADEMIC MISCONDUCT). → Seminar paper rejection → not getting the credit → repeating the course next school year or expulsion from university.
- Vyučovací jazyk
- Další komentáře
- Studijní materiály
Předmět je vyučován každoročně.
- Nachází se v prerekvizitách jiných předmětů
- Statistika zápisu (nejnovější)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/predmet/med/podzim2017/aVLOZ0241c