LF:ZLKZL051c Restor.Dentist.I-practice - Course Information
ZLKZL051c Restor.Dentist.I-practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- MDDr. Julie Bartáková (seminar tutor)
MDDr Jozef Berta (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Lydie Izakovičová Hollá, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Naděžda Janoušková (seminar tutor)
MDDr. Petr Kučera (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Martina Kukletová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Lenka Roubalíková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Vladimíra Pařízková (assistant)
Milena Prudíková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MUDr. Lenka Roubalíková, Ph.D.
Department of Stomatology - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
Supplier department: Department of Stomatology - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- ZLKZL051c/21: Mon 5. 10. 7:30–12:30 N05502, 7:30–12:30 F37/215, 7:30–12:30 F37/216, 7:30–12:30 F37/214, Tue 6. 10. 7:30–12:30 F37/216, 7:30–12:30 F37/215, 7:30–12:30 N05502, Wed 7. 10. 7:30–12:30 F37/215, 7:30–12:30 N05502, 7:30–12:30 F37/216, Thu 8. 10. 7:30–12:30 N05502, 7:30–12:30 F37/216, 7:30–12:30 F37/215, Fri 9. 10. 7:30–12:30 F37/215, 7:30–12:30 F37/216, 7:30–12:30 N05502
ZLKZL051c/22: Mon 7. 12. 7:30–12:30 F37/214, 7:30–12:30 F37/216, 7:30–12:30 N05502, 7:30–12:30 F37/215, Tue 8. 12. 7:30–12:30 F37/216, 7:30–12:30 F37/215, 7:30–12:30 N05502, Wed 9. 12. 7:30–12:30 N05502, 7:30–12:30 F37/216, 7:30–12:30 F37/215, Thu 10. 12. 7:30–12:30 F37/216, 7:30–12:30 N05502, 7:30–12:30 F37/215, Fri 11. 12. 7:30–12:30 F37/215, 7:30–12:30 F37/216, 7:30–12:30 N05502
ZLKZL051c/23: Mon 23. 11. 7:30–12:30 F37/216, 7:30–12:30 N05502, 7:30–12:30 F37/214, 7:30–12:30 F37/215, Tue 24. 11. 7:30–12:30 F37/215, 7:30–12:30 F37/216, 7:30–12:30 N05502, Wed 25. 11. 7:30–12:30 F37/215, 7:30–12:30 F37/216, 7:30–12:30 N05502, Thu 26. 11. 7:30–12:30 N05502, 7:30–12:30 F37/216, 7:30–12:30 F37/215, Fri 27. 11. 7:30–12:30 N05502, 7:30–12:30 F37/215, 7:30–12:30 F37/216
- ZLPZ041p Preventive Dentistry -lect. && ZLKK041c Restorative Dent.-Cariol.pract && ZLFY0422p Physiology II - lecture && ( ZLBC041p Biochemistry II -lec. || ZLBC0422p Biochemistry II -lec. ) && ( ZLAN0333p Anatomy III - lect. || ZLAN0222p Anatomy III - lecture ) && ZLHE0322p Hist.and Embryol.II-lect. && ( ZLLT0222s Bas.Med.Terminology II-sem. || ZLLT011s Bas.Med.Terminology - sem. ) && ( ZLET021p Ethics in Dent.-lect. || ZLET011p Ethics in Dent.-lect. )
aZLPZ041p && aZLKK041c && aZLFY0422p && aZLBC041p && aZLAN0333p && aZLHE0322p && (aZLLT0222s || ZLLT0222s) && aZLET021p && aZC041
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Dentistry (programme LF, M-ZL) (2)
- Course objectives
- Dental caries diagnostics and treatment of different caries types by various materials.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to diagnose dental caries on the basis of clinical and x-ray examination examination and perform appropriate treatment.
- Practical training - syllabus: Examination of the patient, proposal of treatment, diagnostics of dental caries. Diagnostics and treatment of caries in premolars and molars on the occlusal surface. Diagnostics and treatment of carious defects on proximal surfaces of premolars and molars. Recurrent caries, secondary caries: its diagnostics and treatment. Treatment of deep (close-to-pulp) caries. Importance of x-ray examination in caries diagnosis.
- required literature
- STEJSKALOVÁ, Jitka. Konzervační zubní lékařství. 2. vyd. Praha: Galén, 2008. xi, 235. ISBN 9788072625406. info
- recommended literature
- The art and science of operative dentistry. Edited by Clifford M. Sturdevant - Theodore M. Roberson. 3rd ed. St. Louis: Mosby, 1995. xxi, 824 s. ISBN 0-8016-6366-0. info
- not specified
- Preventivní stomatologie. Edited by Hardy Limeback, Translated by Jana Kaiferová - Zdeněk Broukal. 1. vydání. Praha: Grada Publishing, 2017. x, 427. ISBN 9788027100941. info
- Teaching methods
- Practical training. Practical training (about 50 % of the total volume of teaching) is complemented by a comprehensive range of simulation teaching methods on simulators with varying degrees of fidelity, trainers and virtual patients. Most of them are equipped with a specialized evaluation software system that allows for every step of preparation, including feedback and test, and objective assessment of the student's work. Dental microscopes, CAD / CAM technologies, simulated X-ray teaching and other modern teaching aids are also used. Emphasis is also placed on the development of soft skills, incl. so-called "21st century skills", particularly communication, decision-making skills, critical thinking, crisis communication and teamwork.
- Assessment methods
- Credit (completion of practical training). Practical skills will be verified using the specialized evaluation software system. The course will also focus on the development of the ability to orientate in auxiliary investigative methods, their interpretation, critical thinking and teamwork. This way of evaluating gives students an objective and specific feedback.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 30.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2020/ZLKZL051c