FI:PV112 Computer Graphics API - Course Information
PV112 Computer Graphics APIFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2. 4 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: z (credit).
- doc. RNDr. Barbora Kozlíková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Maroš Beťko (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Zuzana Ferková (seminar tutor)
Bc. Matúš Talčík (seminar tutor)
- doc. RNDr. Petr Matula, Ph.D.
Department of Visual Computing - Faculty of Informatics
Supplier department: Department of Visual Computing - Faculty of Informatics
- Mon 10:00–11:50 D2
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
PV112/02: Wed 12:00–13:50 B311, M. Talčík
PV112/03: Thu 14:00–15:50 B311, Z. Ferková
PV112/04: Wed 16:00–17:50 B117, M. Talčík
PV112/05: Fri 8:00–9:50 B311, M. Beťko
PV112/06: Thu 16:00–17:50 B311, Z. Ferková
- Practical knowledge of C/C++ or Java required.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 183 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 78/183, only registered: 0/183, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/183
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 37 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The goal of this subject is to provide students with overview of computer graphics interfaces. Students also gain a practical knowledge of standard OpenGL Application Programming Interface. When completing this course, students will be able to implement a broad spectrum of computer graphics applications.
- Learning outcomes
- After passing this course, students will be able to: - understand the existing implementations of GPU algorithms - design and implement simple GPU algorithms - apply the knowledge about GPU implementation of basic methods of computer graphics to our tasks in CG
- Aplication interfaces for Computer Graphics.
- Basic principles of rendering using powerful graphics accelerators, OpenGL Shading Language.
- Rendering pipeline.
- Structure and functions of graphics API.
- Data types and graphic primitives.
- Coordinate systems, transformations.
- Vertex buffer objects, vertex array objects, lighting, materials.
- Alpha blending, fog, bitmaps.
- Texturing, multitexturing.
- Per-fragment operations, other effects.
- Teaching methods
- Lectures and related class exercises.
- Assessment methods
- Before the final examination, the completion of an individual project is required. Written examination follows which consists of 5 questions with theoretical as well as practical content.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/spring2019/PV112