FI:PV112 Computer Graphics API - Course Information
PV112 Computer Graphics APIFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 3 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- RNDr. Jan Byška, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Bc. Jonáš Rosecký (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Adam Štěpánek (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Vladimír Ulman, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- RNDr. Jan Byška, Ph.D.
Department of Visual Computing - Faculty of Informatics
Supplier department: Department of Visual Computing - Faculty of Informatics
- Mon 10:00–11:50 A318
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
PV112/02: Mon 12:00–13:50 B311, A. Štěpánek
PV112/03: Mon 14:00–15:50 B311, J. Rosecký
PV112/04: Mon 18:00–19:50 B311, J. Rosecký
- Practical knowledge of C/C++ is required.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 183 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 84/183, only registered: 0/183, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/183
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 75 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The goal of this subject is to provide students with overview of computer graphics interfaces. Students also gain a practical knowledge of standard OpenGL Application Programming Interface. When completing this course, students will be able to implement a broad spectrum of computer graphics applications.
- Learning outcomes
- After passing this course, students will be able to: - understand the existing implementations of GPU algorithms - design and implement simple GPU algorithms - apply the knowledge about GPU implementation of basic methods of computer graphics to our tasks in CG
- Aplication interfaces for Computer Graphics.
- Basic principles of rendering using powerful graphics accelerators, OpenGL Shading Language.
- Rendering pipeline.
- Structure and functions of graphics API.
- Data types and graphic primitives.
- Coordinate systems, transformations.
- Vertex buffer objects, vertex array objects, lighting, materials.
- Alpha blending, fog, bitmaps.
- Texturing, multitexturing.
- Per-fragment operations, other effects.
- Teaching methods
- Lectures and related class exercises.
- Assessment methods
- Before the final examination, the completion of an individual project is required. A written examination consists of 5 questions with theoretical as well as practical content.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/autumn2023/PV112