FI:PV121 Computer Music I - Course Information
PV121 Computer Music IFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0. 1 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Recommended Type of Completion: k (colloquium). Other types of completion: zk (examination), z (credit).
- MgA. Rudolf Růžička (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Ing. Jiří Sochor, CSc.
Department of Visual Computing - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: prof. Ing. Jiří Sochor, CSc.
- each even Thursday 17:00–18:50 D3
- No preliminary education in music required.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 37 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The teaching provides elementary knowledge in the application of the computer in music. It can expand students knowledge of computers art, algorithmization, programming of music composing. Students will learn about professional programs for rises, editing, notation and performing of sounds and with electroacoustic and computer music as an art production and with its using as a part of computer games and animation.
- Mathematics and music
- Foundations of musical theory and acoustics
- History of computer-aided music
- Computer utilization in musical theory
- Computer-based musical analysis
- Random processes and AI in creative computer composition
- Score coding
- Algoritmized composition and programming
- Theoretical training for computer compositing
- Software for music composing, editing, notation and reproduction
- Electro-acoustic and computer music
- Computer music utilized in computer games
- Reception and interpretation of selected pieces of contemporary music
- Assessment methods
- Students have to present their work with music program and it’s short description. The description will be published on the web page of the course for education of other students. Choice music program can be in-house the software of student or also acceptable the commercial program created for amateurish or professional using in the work of musical composer, of user, of adapter and of computer specialist. Student in this way regaining the finalization of studies of subject with colloquium by two credits. High - quality works (especially the personal program of student for the practical usage that demonstrates before by colleagues) will honoured as the examination with classification by three credits. Student that be interested in obtaining inclusion plus finalization with one credit, will work up short text report on the process of the course.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information