FI:PA176 Computer Architecture II - Course Information
PA176 Digital Computer Architecture IIFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2. 4 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc. (lecturer)
RNDr. Vojtěch Krmíček, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Oladimeji Oniyide (assistant)
Ing. Zbyněk Bureš, Ph.D. (seminar tutor), RNDr. Vojtěch Krmíček, Ph.D. (deputy)
Mgr. Šimon Řeřucha, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc.
Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
- Thu 10:00–11:50 B202, Thu 14:00–15:50 B202
- This course is instalment of the course PA174 - Design of Digital Computersis II.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 15 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Main aim of this courese is understand and master theoretical knowledges and practical virtuosity necessary for design high-performance digital systems. The lessons are specialized in particular into following topics:
application of the modern design components;
metodology of the modular systems;
connecting of the external devices.
- Architecture of the digital systems;
- structure of processors, CISC and RISC structures;
- bus subsystem of the digital systems;
- memory subsystem of the digital systems;
- input and output subsystem the digital systems;
- linkage hardware and operation system the digital systems;
- external busses subsystem;
- external memory subsystems;
- programmable array;
- Single-chip microcomputers;
- design systems and simulations systems of digital systems.
- HLAVIČKA, J. Computer architecture. Praha: ČVUT, 1999
- DOUŠA, J., PLUHÁČEK, V. Introduction to computer systems. Praha: ČVUT, 2000
- 3. HDL - Chip Design, Douglas J. Smith, ISBN 0-9651934-3-8
- ŠNOREK, RICHTA. Připojování periférií k PC
- Assessment methods
- Final examination consist from 3 parts:
1) defence of the project - implementation of the design from laboratory lessons and discussion about protocol;
2) design of the circuit and verification of třhe design by laboratory tools;
3) oral exam - teoretical problems from list of the passed subjects.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- IA162 Design of Embedded Systems
- PA175 Digital Systems Diagnostics II
- PV191 Project from Designing Digital Systems
- PV193 Accelerating Algorithms at Circuit Level
- PV194 External Environments of Digital Systems
- PV195 Peripheral Drivers
- PV196 Hardware Control of Computer Networks
- PV198 Onechip Controllers
- PV200 Introduction to hardware description languages
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.