FI:PA176 Architecture of Digit. Syst.II - Course Information
PA176 Architecture of Digital Systems IIFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- RNDr. Zdeněk Matěj, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc. (lecturer)
Ahmad Abbadi, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Aleš Horák, Ph.D.
Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: RNDr. Zdeněk Matěj, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
- Thu 12:00–13:50 A415
- This course is instalment of the course PA174 - Design of Digital Systems II.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 19 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Main aim of this course is understand and master theoretical know ledges and practical virtuosity necessary for design high-performance digital systems. The lessons are specialized in particular into following topics:
application of the modern design components;
methodology of the modular systems;
connecting of the external devices.
- Digital computer main parts - sequencer
- Digital system structure
- Operational memory addressing methods
- Operational and CACHE memory structure, operation principles
- Microprocessor structure, Interruption system principles
- Direct memory access principles
- Digital processing chain
- Digital signal processing methods
- Signal spectra estimation methods
- Analog – digital converters
- Digital- analog converters
- Input – output devices
- Power supply unit, switch - mode power supply
- Primary power supply, battery, accumulators
- 3. HDL - Chip Design, Douglas J. Smith, ISBN 0-9651934-3-8
- HLAVIČKA, J. Computer architecture. Praha: ČVUT, 1999
- ŠNOREK, RICHTA. Připojování periférií k PC
- DOUŠA, J., PLUHÁČEK, V. Introduction to computer systems. Praha: ČVUT, 2000
- Teaching methods
- Lectures that correspond to intended aims of tuition.
- Assessment methods
- Final examination consists of 3 parts:
1) defence of the project - implementation of the design from laboratory lessons and discussion about protocol;
2) design of the circuit and verification of třhe design by laboratory tools;
3) oral exam - teoretical problems from list of the passed subjects.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.