FI:PA176 Architecture of Digit. Syst.II - Course Information
PA176 Architecture of Digital Systems IIFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc. (lecturer)
Ing. Zbyněk Bureš, Ph.D. (seminar tutor), RNDr. Vojtěch Krmíček, Ph.D. (deputy)
RNDr. Vojtěch Krmíček, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc.
Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
- Tue 14:00–15:50 B202
- PB170 Seminar on Dig.Syst. Design && PA174 Design of Digital Systems II
This course is instalment of the course PA174 - Design of Digital Systems II.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 18 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Main aim of this courese is understand and master theoretical knowledges and practical virtuosity necessary for design high-performance digital systems. The lessons are specialized in particular into following topics:
application of the modern design components;
metodology of the modular systems;
connecting of the external devices.
- Architecture of the digital systems;
- structure of processors, CISC and RISC structures;
- bus subsystem of the digital systems;
- memory subsystem of the digital systems;
- input and output subsystem the digital systems;
- linkage hardware and operation system the digital systems;
- external busses subsystem;
- external memory subsystems;
- programmable array;
- Single-chip microcomputers;
- design systems and simulations systems of digital systems.
- DOUŠA, J., PLUHÁČEK, V. Introduction to computer systems. Praha: ČVUT, 2000
- HLAVIČKA, J. Computer architecture. Praha: ČVUT, 1999
- 3. HDL - Chip Design, Douglas J. Smith, ISBN 0-9651934-3-8
- ŠNOREK, RICHTA. Připojování periférií k PC
- Teaching methods
- Lectures that correspond to intended aims of tuition.
- Assessment methods
- Final examination consists of 3 parts:
1) defence of the project - implementation of the design from laboratory lessons and discussion about protocol;
2) design of the circuit and verification of třhe design by laboratory tools;
3) oral exam - teoretical problems from list of the passed subjects.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.