FI:VB036 English II - Course Information
VB036 English IIFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Martin Dvořák, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Kateřina Nečasová, M.A. (lecturer)
PhDr. Ivana Tulajová (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Ivana Tulajová
Language Centre, Faculty of Informatics Division - Language Centre
Contact Person: PhDr. Ivana Tulajová
- Mon 12:00–13:50 C525, Mon 18:00–19:50 C525, Thu 14:00–15:50 D1
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
VB036/02: Tue 14:00–15:50 C511, M. Dvořák
VB036/03: Tue 16:00–17:50 C511, M. Dvořák
VB036/04: Mon 8:00–9:50 C525, K. Nečasová
VB036/05: Mon 10:00–11:50 C525, K. Nečasová
VB036/07: Tue 8:00–9:50 C525, K. Nečasová
VB036/08: Tue 10:00–11:50 C525, K. Nečasová
VB036/09: Tue 12:00–13:50 C525, K. Nečasová
VB036/10: Wed 8:00–9:50 C525, K. Nečasová
VB036/11: Mon 14:00–15:50 C525, I. Tulajová
VB036/12: Mon 16:00–17:50 C525, I. Tulajová
VB036/14: Tue 16:00–17:50 C525, I. Tulajová
VB036/15: Tue 18:00–19:50 C525, I. Tulajová
VB036/16: Wed 14:00–15:50 C525, I. Tulajová
VB036/17: Wed 16:00–17:50 C525, I. Tulajová
- VB035 English I || SOUHLAS
The course represents a follow-up to the VB035 one and its successful completion is a prerequisite for VB036.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 20 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- VB036 aims to further broaden the knowledge of English grammar and phrases and to focus on specialized language in the area of IT. One of the prerequisites for the completion of the course is home preparation and doing assignments. At the end of the course students should be able to: understand specialized articles; obtain information from highly specialized sources; give clear presentations; provide relevant explanations and arguments; interact fluently and spontaneously.
- VB036 aims to further broaden the knowledge of English grammar and phrases and to focus on specialized language in the area of IT. One of the prerequisites for the completion of the course is home preparation and doing assignments. The following IT-related topics will be discussed in seminars.
- Annotation-based Image Retrieval
- Client-Server DBMS
- Image Representation
- Processor Cache
- Spatial Data Mining
- Storage Devices
- Storage Protection
- Zábojová, Peprník, Nangonová: Angličtina pro jazykové školy I. Fortuna 2000. ISBN: 80-7168-732-4
- Zábojová, Peprník, Nangonová: Angličtina pro jazykové školy II. Fortuna 2000.I SBN: 80-7168-733-2
- VB036 - English 2 Textbook
- VB036 lecture materials
- Teaching methods
- lectures, drills, homework, reading, discussions
- Assessment methods
- Every student attending the seminar has to sit for two tests - a mid-term test submitted on one of the days of Week 6 (multiple choice) and a final VB036 one (submitted in the last week of the semester), which has the following parts - a cloze test, key word transformations, word formations, multiple choice and explanation of IT vocabulary based on the materials recommended. One of the prerequisites for the completion of the course is home preparation and doing assignments. Attendance is compulsory.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information