FI:VB036 English II - Course Information
VB036 English IIFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Iuliia Ievstignieieva (lecturer)
Mgr. Kateřina Nečasová, M.A. (lecturer)
PhDr. Ivana Tulajová (lecturer)
Bc. Vendula Veselá (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Ivana Tulajová
Language Centre, Faculty of Informatics Division - Language Centre
Contact Person: PhDr. Ivana Tulajová
Supplier department: Language Centre, Faculty of Informatics Division - Language Centre
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- VB036/01: Mon 16:00–17:50 C525, I. Ievstignieieva
VB036/02: Mon 18:00–19:50 C525, V. Veselá
VB036/03: Tue 16:00–17:50 C525, V. Veselá
VB036/04: Tue 18:00–19:50 C525, V. Veselá
VB036/05: Wed 8:00–9:50 C525, V. Veselá
VB036/06: Wed 10:00–11:50 C525, V. Veselá
VB036/07: Thu 16:00–17:50 C525, V. Veselá
VB036/08: Thu 18:00–19:50 C525, V. Veselá
VB036/09: Mon 14:00–15:50 C511, I. Tulajová
VB036/10: Mon 16:00–17:50 C511, I. Tulajová
VB036/11: Tue 16:00–17:50 C511, I. Tulajová
VB036/12: Tue 18:00–19:50 C511, I. Tulajová
VB036/13: Wed 10:00–11:50 C511, I. Tulajová
VB036/14: Wed 12:00–13:50 C511, I. Tulajová
VB036/15: Wed 14:00–15:50 C511, I. Tulajová
VB036/16: Wed 16:00–17:50 C511, I. Tulajová
- VB035 English I || SOUHLAS
The course represents a follow-up to VB035 English I.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 17 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- VB036 aims to further broaden the knowledge of English grammar and phrases and to focus on specialized language in the area of IT. At the end of the course students should be able to: understand specialized articles; obtain information from highly specialized sources; give clear presentations; provide relevant explanations and arguments; interact fluently and spontaneously.
- Grammar, vocabulary and phrases at B2 level
- Specialized IT vocabulary
- Reading and discussion of specialized texts
- required literature
- PRODROMOU, Luke. Grammar and vocabulary for first certificate : with key. Essex: Longman, 1999. 319 s. ISBN 9780582400184. info
- SHELLY, Gary B. and Misty VERMAAT. Discovering computers 2010 : living in a digital world, complete. Edited by Jeffrey J. Quasney - Susan L. Sebok - Steven M. Freund. [Boston]: Course Technology Cengage Learning, 2010. 1 sv. ISBN 9780495806813. info
- recommended literature
- Zábojová, Peprník, Nangonová: Angličtina pro jazykové školy I. Fortuna 2000. ISBN: 80-7168-732-4
- Zábojová, Peprník, Nangonová: Angličtina pro jazykové školy II. Fortuna 2000.I SBN: 80-7168-733-2
- Teaching methods
- lectures, drills, homework, reading, discussions
- Assessment methods
- Every student attending the seminar has to sit for two tests - a mid-term test (multiple choice) submitted on one of the days of Week 6 and the final VB036 one (submitted in the last week of the term) which has the following parts - key word transformations, multiple choice (testing grammar, vocabulary, phrases etc.).
To complete the course, you need to reach at least 60 percent of the total number of points that can be attained for the tests.
You are allowed to be absent from seminars for up to four times: two of these must be properly excused (a letter of excuse signed by a person of authority (doctor, judge) and submitted to the Studies office).
One of the prerequisites for the completion of the course is home preparation and doing assignments.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information