FI:VB036 English II - Course Information
VB036 English IIFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Martina Alexanderová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Kollárová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Eva Rudolfová (seminar tutor)
PaedDr. Marta Rybičková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Marcela Sekanina Vavřinová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. et Mgr. Lenka Tóthová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Antonín Zita, M.A., Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Ivana Tulajová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Eva Rudolfová
Language Centre, Faculty of Informatics Division - Language Centre
Contact Person: Mgr. Eva Rudolfová
Supplier department: Language Centre, Faculty of Informatics Division - Language Centre
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- VB036/01: Fri 10:00–11:50 C511
VB036/02: Fri 8:00–9:50 C511
VB036/03: Mon 8:00–9:50 A319, A. Zita
VB036/04: Mon 10:00–11:50 A319
VB036/05: Tue 14:00–15:50 C511, E. Rudolfová
VB036/06: Wed 8:00–9:50 C511, E. Rudolfová
VB036/07: Wed 10:00–11:50 C511, E. Rudolfová
VB036/08: Mon 12:00–13:50 C511, E. Rudolfová
VB036/09: Mon 16:00–17:50 C511, M. Alexanderová
VB036/10: Tue 18:00–19:50 C511, M. Alexanderová
VB036/11: Tue 16:00–17:50 C511, M. Alexanderová
VB036/12: Mon 14:00–15:50 C511, M. Alexanderová
VB036/13: Mon 18:00–19:50 C511, M. Alexanderová
VB036/14: Tue 8:00–9:50 A318, M. Sekanina Vavřinová
VB036/15: Tue 14:00–15:50 A318, M. Sekanina Vavřinová
- VB035 English I || SOUHLAS
The course is a follow-up to VB035 English I.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 17 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- VB036 aims to further broaden the knowledge of English grammar and phrases and to focus on specialized language in the area of IT. At the end of the course students should be able to: understand specialized articles; obtain information from highly specialized sources; give clear presentations; write a short formal email; provide relevant explanations and arguments; interact fluently and spontaneously.
- Grammar, vocabulary and phrases at B2 level
- Specialized IT vocabulary
- Reading and discussion of specialized texts
- required literature
- SHELLY, Gary B. and Misty VERMAAT. Discovering computers 2010 : living in a digital world, complete. Edited by Jeffrey J. Quasney - Susan L. Sebok - Steven M. Freund. [Boston]: Course Technology Cengage Learning, 2010. 1 sv. ISBN 9780495806813. info
- PRODROMOU, Luke. Grammar and vocabulary for Cambridge first : for students preparing for the Cambridge English First exam. Second edition. Harlow: Pearson Education Limited, 2012. 319 stran. ISBN 9781447903055. info
- recommended literature
- Zábojová, Peprník, Nangonová: Angličtina pro jazykové školy I. Fortuna 2000. ISBN: 80-7168-732-4
- Zábojová, Peprník, Nangonová: Angličtina pro jazykové školy II. Fortuna 2000.I SBN: 80-7168-733-2
- Teaching methods
- Drills, homework assignments, reading homework, class discussions, testing
- Assessment methods
- Every student attending the seminar has to give an in-class presentation and pass the final test submitted in the last week of the term. The test is a multiple choice test covering material taught in seminars (grammar, vocabulary, phrases, etc.). In order to be eligible to pass the course, students must satisfy attendance requirements and obtain at least 60% of the total number of points available in the final test.
Students are allowed two absences of any type in a semester. Medical absences are treated as all other absences.
One of the prerequisites for the completion of the course is home preparation and doing assignments.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information