PrF:MVV2668K IS for European Law - Course Information
MVV2668K Information Systems for European Law and ECHR Case LawFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
Taught in person.
- JUDr. Mgr. Jakub Harašta, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
JUDr. MgA. Jakub Míšek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Tereza Novotná (seminar tutor)
doc. JUDr. Matěj Myška, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- JUDr. Mgr. Jakub Harašta, Ph.D.
Institute of Law and Technology - Faculty of Law
Contact Person: Tereza Buchalová
Supplier department: Institute of Law and Technology - Faculty of Law
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- MVV2668K/01: Mon 28. 2. to Fri 20. 5. each odd Monday 10:00–11:40 024, J. Harašta
- MP511Zk Intellectual Property && ! MP57902K European and International Legal Information Resources
Completion of the course Legal Informatics (MP314K or MP221K). Orientation in sources of law.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 16/20, only registered: 0/20
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of this course is to build upon obligatory course of Legal Informatics and broaden it by conceptual questions of legal information retrieval and legal research in EU law and ECHR case law.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing this course, student is expected to be able to:
- understand the structure of EU law an its influence on national law
- understand the structure of ECHR case-law and its influence on national law
- systematically use EUR-Lex database
- systematicall used HUDOC database
- conduct 'legal research' and prepare analysis including EU law and ECHR case-law
- Specifics of EU law. EUR-Lex.
- Specifics of ECHR case-law. HUDOC.
- Analysis of EU legal requirements and additional documents.
- Analysis of CJEU case-law.
- Analysis of ECHR case-law.
- dovednostní kurs - studijní literatura a studijní opory budou studentům poskytnuty prostřednictvím interaktivní osnovy
- Teaching methods
- Exercises in computer lab. System of continuous control (analyses).
- Assessment methods
- To successfully complete this course, it is necessary to:
- attend at least 5 out of 6 exercises
- and preparation of legal analyses.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.