PrF:MVV2668K IntLegal Information Resources - Course Information
MVV2668K European and International Legal Information ResourcesFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- JUDr. Mgr. Jakub Harašta, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
JUDr. MgA. Jakub Míšek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. JUDr. Matěj Myška, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- JUDr. Mgr. Jakub Harašta, Ph.D.
Institute of Law and Technology - Faculty of Law
Contact Person: Tereza Buchalová
Supplier department: Institute of Law and Technology - Faculty of Law
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- MVV2668K/01: Mon 26. 2. to Fri 18. 5. each odd Monday 13:30–15:00 020, J. Harašta, J. Míšek
MVV2668K/02: No timetable has been entered into IS. J. Harašta
- MP511Zk Intellectual Property && ! MP57902K European and International Legal Information Resources
Completion of the course Legal Informatics (MP314K or MP221K). Orientation in sources of law.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 19 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/19, only registered: 0/19
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Law (programme PrF, M-PPV) (2)
- Course objectives
- The aim of this course is to build upon obligatory course of Legal Informatics and broaden it by conceptual questions of legal information retrieval and legal research in EU law and international law.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing this course, student is expected to be able to:
- understand the structure of European and international legal information resources
- creatively use European and international legal resources
- use advanced functions of basic European legal databases
- conduct legal research on European and international legal issues using foreign legal information
- write legal analysis with regard to its intended recipients
- Terms and concepts. Designing research strategy.
- Legislation and case-law in EUR-Lex. Metadata.
- HUDOC. Foreign sources, derived sources.
- Documentation and outcomes of legal research.
- Legal analysis for different types of recipients.
- dovednostní kurs - studijní literatura a studijní opory budou studentům poskytnuty prostřednictvím interaktivní osnovy
- Teaching methods
- Exercises in computer lab. Seminar paper with continuous controls.
- Assessment methods
- To successfully complete this course, it is necessary to:
- attend at least 5 out of 6 exercises
- prepare a seminar paper. System of continuous controls is to be set culminating in presentation of seminar paper within the last exercise.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (Spring 2018, recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/law/spring2018/MVV2668K