LF:BOFA031p Pharmacology - l - Course Information
BOFA031p Bases of Pharmacology - lectureFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0.5/0/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. MUDr. Regina Demlová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PharmDr. Jan Juřica, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Petra Amchová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. RNDr. Ladislava Bartošová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. MVDr. Leoš Landa, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Jana Merhautová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Jana Nováková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Jana Pistovčáková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PharmDr. Jitka Rychlíčková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Barbora Říhová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PharmDr. Ondřej Zendulka, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Kristýna Nosková, Ph.D. (alternate examiner)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Barbora Říhová, Ph.D.
Department of Pharmacology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Renata Bláblová
Supplier department: Department of Pharmacology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Fri 4. 10. 13:00–14:50 A11/234, Fri 11. 10. 13:00–14:50 A11/234, Fri 18. 10. 13:00–14:50 A11/234, Fri 25. 10. 13:00–14:50 A11/234
- BKBC011p Biochemistry -lec && BOFY0222p Physiology II-lec. && BKLT011 Medical Latin && BKHI021p Histology - lec.
BKBC011p && BOFY0222p && BKLT011 && BKHI021p
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of the subject is to offer the basic pharmacological knowledge about specific drug groups used in selected diseases. Emphasis is given to the pharmacological theoretical knowledge about the main antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic and anti-glaucoma drugs used in ophthalmology, so that the student was able to search independently for relevant information on drugs in reliable sources, including the therapeutic and adverse drug effects and potential drug-drug interactions.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students will know the basic pharmacological principles and factors influencing drug actions. The student will be able to work with the valid sources of information about drugs. The student will have the basic knowledge about drugs influencing the autonomic nervous system. The student will know the main antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic and anti-glaucoma drugs used in ophthalmology.
BOFA031p - Bases of Pharmacology - lectures
OPTICS AND OPTOMETRY, ORTOPTICS
Autumn semester 2019
- 1st lecture: Introduction to Pharmacology. Terminology in Pharmacology. Drug classification. General pharmacological principles. Drug mechanisms of action. Introduction to pharmacokinetics.
- 2nd lecture: Factors responsible for variation in drug response. Adverse drug effects. Drug interactions. Drug research and development of new therapeutics. Evaluations of clinical trials on pharmaceuticals.
- 3rd lecture: Pharmacology of the autonomic nervous system - receptors of the sympathetic and parasympathetic systems and possibilities of the pharmacological intervention.
- 4th lecture: Glucocorticoids and immunosuppressants. Pharmacotherapy of allergic reactions. Antihistamine agents.
- required literature
- MÁCHALOVÁ, Alena, Zuzana BABINSKÁ, Jan JUŘICA, Gabriela DOVRTĚLOVÁ, Hana KOSTKOVÁ, Leoš LANDA, Jana MERHAUTOVÁ, Kristýna NOSKOVÁ, Tibor ŠTARK, Katarína TABI, Jana PISTOVČÁKOVÁ and Ondřej ZENDULKA. Farmakologie pro studenty bakalářských oborů na LF MU (Pharmacology for students of bachelor's programmes at FoM MU). 2016. 397 pp. URL info
- Farmakologie pro studenty bakalářských oborů na LF MU, Máchalová a kol., 2018, http://portal.med.muni.cz/clanek-644-farmakologie-pro-studenty-bakalarskych-oboru-na-lf-mu.html
- recommended literature
- Atlas léčivých rostlin, https://is.muni.cz/auth/do/med/el/lecive_rostliny/atlas.html
- Textbook recommended for English speaking students (selected chapters according to the syllabus) Ophthalmology, 4th Ed., Batterbury M.& Murphy C., ISBN: 9780702075025
- not specified
- Farmakologie. Edited by Jan Švihovec - Jan Bultas - Pavel Anzenbacher - Jaroslav Chládek - J. 1. vydání. Praha: Grada Publishing, 2018. xix, 962. ISBN 9788024755588. info
- MARTÍNKOVÁ, Jiřina. Farmakologie pro studenty zdravotnických oborů. 2., zcela přeprac. a doplň. Praha: Grada, 2014. ISBN 9788024713564. info
- Teaching methods
- Students are provided with the pharmacology teacher presentation of the topic according to the curriculum. Oral presentation of the teacher contains pictures and schemes to demonstrate the pharmacological principles and help the understanging of the related topic.
- Assessment methods
- During the studying the student has to prove active knowledge of pharmacology acquired. The final multiple-choice test consists of 20 questions, 60% of correct answers is needed to pass. There is one correct answer in each question.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 7,5.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information
- Department of Pharmacology, Medical faculty, Masaryk university, Kamenice 5, Brno,
phone: 5 4949 3070.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2019/BOFA031p