LF:VSBC041c Biochemistry II -pract. - Course Information
VSBC041c Biochemistry II -practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/3/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Ing. Martina Čarnecká, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Jiří Dostál, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Gregorová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Miroslava Hlaváčová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Michaela Králíková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Milena Matejovičová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Hana Paulová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Ondřej Peš, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jiří Slanina, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PharmDr. Kristýna Šebrlová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. RNDr. Eva Táborská, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Josef Tomandl, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Marie Tomandlová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PharmDr. Katarína Kostolanská (assistant)
Lenka Nerudová (assistant)
Mgr. Lucie Novotná (assistant)
Mgr. Anna Pleskačová, Ph.D. (assistant)
Mgr. Roman Sándor, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Eva Táborská, CSc.
Department of Biochemistry - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Supplier department: Department of Biochemistry - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- VSBC041c/01: Mon 10:15–12:45 A16/211
VSBC041c/02: Mon 10:15–12:45 A16/211, M. Tomandlová
VSBC041c/03: Mon 10:15–12:45 A16/211
VSBC041c/04: Mon 7:30–10:00 A16/211
VSBC041c/05: Mon 7:30–10:00 A16/211, M. Tomandlová
VSBC041c/06: Mon 7:30–10:00 A16/211
VSBC041c/07: Tue 13:00–15:30 A16/211
VSBC041c/08: Tue 13:00–15:30 A16/211
VSBC041c/09: Tue 13:00–15:30 A16/211, M. Hlaváčová
VSBC041c/10: Wed 10:45–13:15 A16/211
VSBC041c/11: Wed 10:45–13:15 A16/211, M. Tomandlová
VSBC041c/12: Wed 10:45–13:15 A16/211, M. Králíková
VSBC041c/13: Thu 14:30–17:00 A16/211
VSBC041c/14: Thu 14:30–17:00 A16/211
VSBC041c/15: Thu 14:30–17:00 A16/211, M. Hlaváčová
VSBC041c/16: Mon 13:30–16:00 A16/211
VSBC041c/17: Mon 13:30–16:00 A16/211
VSBC041c/18: Mon 13:30–16:00 A16/211
VSBC041c/30: No timetable has been entered into IS.
VSBC041c/31: No timetable has been entered into IS.
VSBC041c/32: No timetable has been entered into IS.
VSBC041c/33: No timetable has been entered into IS.
VSBC041c/34: No timetable has been entered into IS.
VSBC041c/35: No timetable has been entered into IS.
VSBC041c/36: No timetable has been entered into IS.
VSBC041c/37: No timetable has been entered into IS.
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- VSLC011p Med. Chemistry - lecture && VSBI0222p Biology II-lect. && ( VSBF011p Biophysics || VLBF011p Biophysics-lect. || STBF011p Biophysics ) && VSBC0221s Biochemistry I sem && VSFY0321c Physiology I - practice && VSFY0321s Physiology I - seminar
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Course is complementary to VSLC0421p and VSLC0421s. The aim of the course it to bring experience with solving practical problems in clinical biochemistry, to acquire practical laboratory skills and to learn students to use results of biochemical analysis for diagnostics.
- Handling biological material. Anticoagulants and their use for blood plasma separation. Communicating results of tests in clinical biochemistry: request forms and laboratory reports.
- Analysis of the absorption spectra of haemoglobin, oxyhaemoglobin and carbonylhaemoglobin. Determination of haemoglobin in blood. Urine test for haemoglobin.
- Determination of total bilirubin in serum. Estimation of bilirubin, urobilinogens and urobilins in urine.
- Determination of total serum proteins by biuret reagent, determination of albumin. Precipitation tests for urine proteins. Detection of proteinuria by diagnostic strips.
- Determination of alanine aminotransferase activity in serum. Determination of alkaline phosphatase activity in serum.
- The enzymatic assay of glucose in blood and urine. Oral glucose tolerance test. Estimation of glycaemia by diagnostic strips. Detection of glucose in urine.
- Determination of total cholesterol in serum. Principles of HDL-cholesterol determination and calculation of the LDL-cholesterol concentration. Chromatography of serum lipids.
- The solubility of uric acid. Murexide test for uric acid. Detection of uric acid in renal calculi. Determination of uric acid in serum and urine.
- Determination of urea in serum and urine. Approximate assessment of the nitrogen balance.
- Appearance and volume of urine, specific gravity and osmolality of urine. Urine pH measurement. Determination of creatinine in blood, serum and urine. Creatinine clearance calculation, calculation of tubular reabsorption and fractional excretion of water.
- Tests in routine urinalysis employing chemical principle: determination of pathological components, multipurpose diagnostic strips in urinalysis.
- Simplified chemical analysis of renal calculi. Practice in urinalysis, seeking for pathological constituents in urine.
- Determination of gastric acid output. Tubeless gastric analyses. Detection of lactic acid.
- Imunochemical assays.
- required literature
- Podklady ke cvičení dostupné v Informačním systému
- Instructions for practicals available in Information system
- Teaching methods
- laboratory practicals
- Assessment methods
- Practicals in biochemistry lab.
Full attendance in all lessons (making up all missing and justified lessons), completion of all lab reports and handing them to the teacher till the given data. Obtaining of course-unit credits of practices is the pre-requisite for registration to the examination of Biochemistry I.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
Information on course enrolment limitations: mimo studenty LF, max 5 posluchačů z MU, po dohodě s vedoucím ústavu
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/spring2016/VSBC041c