LF:aVLKF091 Clinical Pharmacology - Course Information
aVLKF091 Clinical PharmacologyFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. MUDr. Regina Demlová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PharmDr. Jitka Rychlíčková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Martin Baláž (lecturer)
PharmDr. Milan Juhás, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Kristýna Nosková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PharmDr. Lenka Součková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Filip Šiška (lecturer)
PharmDr. Jitka Rychlíčková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MUDr. Regina Demlová, Ph.D.
Department of Pharmacology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Renata Bláblová
Supplier department: Department of Pharmacology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Tue 16:30–18:10 Virtuální místnost
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- aVLFA0822p Pharmacology II - lec. || VLFA0822p Pharmacology II - L
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 100 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/100, only registered: 0/100
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The main aim is to understand the principles of dose adjustment under renal and liver impairment. Clinical pharmacology of antineoplastics, analgesics, antibiotics, antithrombotics, and antipsychotics with emphasis on applied pharmacokinetics and drug-drug interactions management and reasonable pharmacotherapy are further topics of this subject. The interactive lecture is the main form of teaching.
- online (MS Teams) - final version of the topics scheduled for Autumn semester 2021/22:
- 14.9. Pharmacotherapy and renal impairment (Noskova),
- 22.9. Applied pharmacology in cancer treatment (Demlova),
- 28.9. public holiday - no lecture,
- 5.10. Pain management (Rychlickova),
- 12.10. Antibiotics in clinical practice (Balaz)
- 19.10. Clinical pharmacology of antipsychotic drugs, pharmacotherapy of delirium (Noskova)
- 26.10. Pharmacotherapy in liver impairment (Rychlickova)
- 2.11. The practice of safe prescribing - international lecture (D.J. Brinkman, UMC Amsterdam)
- 9.11. Applied drug-drug interactions (Souckova)
- 16.11. Advances in antiretroviral pharmacotherapy - international lecture (Sofia Pereira, Universidade NOVA de Lisboa)
- 23.11. Management of conditions associated with oncological treatment (Siska)
- 30.11. Applied pharmacology of drugs used in cardiology (hypertension - to be confirmed) - international lecture (to be confirmed)
- 7.12. Pharmacotherapy of ion disbalances (Rychlickova)
- 14.12. Applied pharmacology of antithrombotics (Juhas)
- 21.12. or 4.1. case reports (Rychlickova)
- Teaching methods
- online lecture, interactive case reports, discussion, collaborative international online learning (COIL) - lecture from international colleagues (UMC Amsterdam, Universidade NOVA de Lisboa). During the studying, the students can acquire the knowledge of clinical pharmacology at the lectures given by professionals in the fields.
- Assessment methods
- 1. The students have to present a case report provided by the teacher - The case report contains predefined drug-related problems related to topics of the lectures. 2. The students have to pass the final test. The final multiple-choice test with only one correct answer consists out of 30 questions. Minimum 21 of the test questions have to be answered correctly (70%).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on completion of the course: Zápočtový test, studijní materiály v IS pod kódem předmětu.
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 30.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Předmět si mohou zapsat pouze studenti LF v 8.-12.semestru studia.
- Teacher's information
- The teaching will be online, each Tuesday from 16:30-18:10 (prefinal information, to be confirmed). Questions regarding teaching can be directed to dr. Rychlickova(firstname.lastname@example.org) or to Associate Professor dr. Regina Demlova (email@example.com; 54949 6526) Office hours of the secretariat of the Department of Pharmacology, UKB, Kamenice 5, pavilion A19: daily from 1 pm to 2 pm, tel: 54949 3070.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2021/aVLKF091