LF:VSEI7X1 Epidemiology of Infect. Diseas - Course Information
VSEI7X1 Epidemiology of Infectious Diseases - lectureFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- MUDr. Marie Kolářová, CSc. (lecturer)
Jana Neckářová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- MUDr. Marie Kolářová, CSc.
Department of Preventive Medicine - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- VSSL051p Community Medicine - lecture && ( STLM0522p Medical Microbiology II-lect. || VLLM0522p Medical Microbiology II - lect ) && VSIP0622c Clin.exam.in int.med.-pract.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The branch belongs to preventive-target paraclinic branches of medicine science. Epidemiology of infectious diseases has been bulit on the theoretical and clinical knowledges of the students. The student in this field has to master not only the terminology and methods of the epidemiology of non-communicable disease, but, also to grasp the komplexity, made more difficult by the fact that the diseases under study can be transmitted from one person to another. The basic requirement present besides epidemiologic methods also principles of general epidemiology of infectious diseases as they are being treated in the light of the evolutionary concept of the origin of infectious diseases.
- Goals of the epidemiology. The basic knowlegde of epidemiology - understanding the epidemiological metodology (descriptive, analytic, experimental epidemiology). Epidemic process; etiology and risk factors of epidemic diseases. Form of sources of infection. Contagiosity in particular stage of the disease. Cariership of patogenic microorganisms. Animals as source of infection. Transmission of infectious diseases, phases of transmission. Susceptibility of the population to the infection. Active and passive vaccination. Natural, social-economic factors. Global epidemiology, epidemiologic surveillance. Programme of eradication and elimination of infectious diseases. Principles of control of infectious diseases – elimination of the source, interruption of transmission of infectious agents, measures in a focus of infection. Surveillance of nosocomial infections (NI), etiology NI, risk factors of aquiring NI, sources and localization NI, the principles of control NI. Decontamination, disinfection and sterilization. Special epidemiology Epidemiological characteristics of the intestinal infections and prevention of their spreading. Epidemiological characteristics of the airborne infections and prevention of their spreading. Epidemiological characteristics of blood infections and prevention of their spreading. Animals as sources of infection. Infections of the skin and superficial mucous membrane – epidemiological characteristics and preventing their transmission. Infections as occupational diseases and their prevention. Infections in travelling and their prevention. Epidemiological inspection in hospitals; the monitoring of the microbiological quality of the hospital environment. The control of the disinfection and sterilization. Interpretation of the results.
- ŠMERHOVSKÝ, Zdeněk, Dana GÖPFERTOVÁ and Jitka FEBEROVÁ. Medicína založená na důkazech z pohledu klinické epidemiologie. 1. vydání. Praha: Karolinum, 2007. 245 stran. ISBN 9788024613147. info
- Manuál prevence v lékařské praxi. Edited by Kamil Provazník - Lumír Komárek. 1. vyd. Praha: Státní zdravotní ústav, 2001. 63 s. ISBN 8070711949. info
- Manuál prevence v lékařské praxi 4 :základy prevence infekčních onemocnění. Edited by Kamil Provazník. 1. vyd. Praha: Státní zdravotní ústav, 1996. 126 s. ISBN 80-7168-400-7. info
- Nozokomiální nákazy. Edited by Helena Šrámová. [1. vyd.]. Praha: MAXDORF-JESSENIUS, 1995. 224 s. ISBN 80-85912-00-7. info
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught each semester.
- Teacher's information