LF:AMOLc Intr.mol.biol.gen. - Course Information
AMOLc Introduction into molecular biology and geneticsFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. Ing. Petr Dvořák, CSc. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Augustin Svoboda, CSc., dr. h.c. (lecturer)
Mgr. Juraj Bosák, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Lívia Eiselleová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jindřiška Hammerová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Hana Hříbková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Pavlína Kosztyu, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Miriama Krutá, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Lenka Micenková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Lenka Paštěková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Helena Pětrošová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Barbora Štaudová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Kateřina Vopěnková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Marie Zobaníková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Eva Skalová (assistant)
Mgr. Martina Vráblíková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Ing. Petr Dvořák, CSc.
Department of Biology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Mgr. Kateřina Vopěnková, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Biology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- AMOLc/01: Tue 15:30–17:20 B07/217
AMOLc/02: Tue 15:30–17:20 B07/217
AMOLc/03: Wed 7:30–9:20 B07/217
AMOLc/04: Wed 7:30–9:20 B07/217
AMOLc/05: Wed 9:30–11:20 B07/217
AMOLc/06: Wed 9:30–11:20 B07/217
- Grammar school or similar type with biology education
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Biomedicínská technika a bioinformatika (programme LF, C-CV)
- Course objectives
- The subject should provide a survey of basic knowledge from molecular and cell biology as well as from human genetics. Selected topics in molecular and cell biology include storage and expression of genetic information, cell structure and function including cellular interactions, development, basic genetics. The above mentioned knowledge is a prerequisite of further theoretic and preclinical studies.
- Methods of molecular biology and genetics. Restriction mapping. Principles of genetic engineering – DNA cloning. Diagnostics of pathogenic bakteria. Prokaryotic cell. Eukaryotic cell. DNA structure and replication. Expression of genetic information: transcription, translation, editing. Cell cycle. Biological significance of meiosis – gametogenesis. Human karyotype and chromosomal aberations. Autosomal heredity. Gonosomal heredity. Genetic toxicology.
- Aktuální protokoly k praktickým cvičením jsou dostupné pouze v elektronické podobě na stránkách informačního systému MU (www.is.muni.cz): Studijní materiály pod kódem AMOLc
- Teaching methods
- laboratory practise, class discussion
- Assessment methods
- Lessons are mandatory. Individual protocols have to be downloaded from IS. Credit is given under following circumstances: all protocols checked (also for absent lessons), 1 absence is allowed, for any additional absence(s) student is required to write a thesis in the length of 2 pages on given topic. 3 or more excused absences (i.e. confirmed by the Office for Studies and included to the Information System) will be addressed individually and credit is given only after the proof of the student's knowledge of the whole term topics (credit test). In case of 4 or more unexcused absences credit is not given.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.