LF:MIIN0433c INC in Internal Med. III - pr. - Course Information
MIIN0433c Intensive Nursing Care in Internal Medicine III - practiseFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- PhDr. Marie Dvořáková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Petra Juřeníková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Marie Dvořáková, Ph.D.
Department of Nursing and Midwifery - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Bc. Tereza Polzer, DiS.
Supplier department: Department of Nursing and Midwifery - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
- Mon 25. 2. to Sun 7. 4. Wed 10:40–12:20 F01B1/313
- MIIN0332p INC in Internal Medicine II-le && MIIN0332c INC in Internal medicine II-p.
The students will be able to define the basic nursing care of haemato-oncology patients. They will obtain information on specific necessities of nursing care, particularly in the area of the care of venous catheters, the prevention of infection and further complications which occur in association with anti-tumour care. They will get practical experience in handling the port system. The students will be able to apply theoretical knowledge obtained in the subject of intensive nursing care in internal specialties III to providing nursing care.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Intensive Care (programme LF, N-SZ)
- Course objectives
- The students will define the principle, indications and complications associated with autologous transplantation. The students will define the principle, indications and complications associated with allogenic transplantation. The students will be oriented in the problems of the organization of the haemationogens transplantation program. The students will demonstrate the knowledge of the ethical view of the transplantation program. The students will define the basic rules of cytostatics handling. The students will classify the risk factors associated with the cytostatics application. The students will give the reasons for an adequate procedure in the case of the paravenous leakage of cytotoxic substances The students will give the reasons for the requirements for handling cytotoxic substances The students will define the basic requirements for the care of peripheral venous catheters in heamato-oncology patients The students will define the basic requirements for the care of central venous catheters in haemato-oncology patients The students will define the basic requirements for the care of venous ports The students will have experience with the puncture in the venous port The students will define the basic requirements for the nursing care of haemato-oncology patients The students will give reasons for the specific features of the care in the area of reverse isolation and in the rooms of the Aseptic Unit The students will classify risk factors of the medical treatment followed by nursing care
- Specific features of the nursing care: the nurse´s role in cytostatics application; dispensing of the medication, and paravenous leakage The nurse´s role in the care of venous inlets: peripheral venous inlets, central venous inlets, venous ports, practical training The nurse´s role in the prevention of infectious complications: barrier nursing care, reverse isolation, Aseptic Unit Further nursing approaches: oral care, quality of life, at the case of undesirable effects of anti-tumour treatment Transplantation program: organization of the transplantation program, transplantation coordinator´s role, the function of the transplantation committee
- recommended literature
- PENKA, Miroslav, TESAŘOVÁ, Eva, et al. Hematologie a transfuzní lékařství I. Praha: Grada Publishing, 2011. 424 s. ISBN 978-80-247-3459-0.
- MAĎAR, Rastislav,PODSTATOVÁ, Renata, ŘEHOŘOVÁ, Jarmila. Prevence nozokomiálních nákaz v klinické praxi. Praha: Grada Publishing, 2006. 180 s. ISBN 80-247-1673-9.
- ZADÁK, Zdeněk, Havel Eduard, et al. Intenzivní medicína na principech vnitřního lékařství. Praha: Grada Publishing, 2007. 336 s. ISBN 978-80-247-2099-9.
- VOKURKA, Samuel, et al. Ošetřovatelské problémy a základy hemoterapie. Praha: Galén, 2005. 140s. ISBN 80-7262-299-4.
- VORLÍČEK, Jiří, Jitka ABRAHÁMOVÁ and Hilda VORLÍČKOVÁ. Klinická onkologie pro sestry. 2., přeprac. a dopl. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2012. 448 s. ISBN 9788024737423. info
- not specified
- O CONNOR, Margaret, ARANDA, Sanchia. Paliativní péče pro sestry všech oborů. Praha: Grada Publishing, 2005. 324 s. ISBN 80-247-1295-4.
- Teaching methods
- lectures, group projects, practical training at the model
- Assessment methods
- group project, presentation of case study
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: celkem 12.