PdF:SP4RC_SP2c Specialisation 2c - Course Information
SP4RC_SP2c Specialisation 2c Teaching the Hearing ImpairedFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/32. 16 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- PhDr. Pavla Pitnerová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Marie Vítková, CSc.
Department of Special and Inclusive Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: PhDr. Mgr. Ilona Fialová, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Special and Inclusive Education - Faculty of Education
- Sat 3. 10. 7:30–14:40 učebna 60, Sat 17. 10. 7:30–14:40 učebna 60, Fri 6. 11. 7:30–14:40 učebna 60, Sat 21. 11. 7:30–14:40 učebna 60
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Special Education (programme PdF, C-CV)
- Course objectives
- After completion of this course the student will be able to define specifics of care for persons with hearing impairment from birth to end of life. The student will deepen knowledge gained in the subject called Basic in the scientific category of hearing impairment and will be able to focus on possibilities of diagnostics of hearing loss; will be able to give details of typical deviations (abnormalities ) in language development of people with hearing impairment; will be able to rationalize difficulties in reading comprehension of persons with hearing impairment and to know specifics of writing skills of them; will focus on possibilities of compensation of hearing loss and specify hearing aids used by the people with the handicap.
- Terminology in the scientific category of hearing impairment, history of care of people with hearing impairment, psychological peculiarities of people with hearing disabilities, principles and work methods, technical aids, development of vocabulary, development of reading skills, hearing reeducation, lipreading, finger spelling, conditions and acoustic aspects of speech, modulation factors, various ways of commmunication.
- Teaching methods
- teoreticaly preparing, practicly teaching, group work, homeworks, discussion
- Assessment methods
- Written test (it is necessary to successfully cope with 75% correct answers)and oral exam.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
General note: Specializace 2 - na 1a navazuje 2c, na 1b je možnost výběru mezi 2d, 2e, 2f.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 32 hodin.