FF:PB11PA10 Grade work - Course Information
PB11PA10 Grade workFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Martin Sedláček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Karla Brücknerová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Lenka Hloušková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Dana Knotová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Petr Novotný, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Petr Sucháček (lecturer)
Mgr. et Mgr. Bc. Zuzana Šalamounová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Klára Šeďová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Lucie Škarková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Roman Švaříček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. et Mgr. Zuzana Vařejková (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Jiří Zounek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Zuzana Baričová Šmideková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Cíglerová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Veronika Dobrovolná (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Anna Drexlerová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. et Mgr. Klára Harvánková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Klára Holíková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Hrubá (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Bc. Libor Juhaňák (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Martin Majcík (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Navrátilová, DiS. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Ingrid Procházková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Sedláčková, DiS. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Klára Šlapalová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Hana Tulinská (seminar tutor)
Mgr. et Mgr. Zuzana Vařejková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Kristýna Vlčková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Tereza Vychopňová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Klára Záleská, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Petr Novotný, Ph.D.
Department of Educational Sciences - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Ivana Klusáková
Supplier department: Department of Educational Sciences - Faculty of Arts
- each even Thursday 16:00–17:40 B2.32
- PB11PA3 Foundations of Education && PB12PA13 Social Pedagogy && PB12JA11 Educational Theories && PB12JA14 Introduction to Counseling
Students may enroll in the course after they pass the Comprehensive Exam. Students submit the thesis in their third semester of studies.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 80 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 43/80, only registered: 2/80, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 2/80
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Social Education and Counselling (programme FF, B-PD)
- Course objectives
- The yearly thesis should have features of a scholarly journal article. As such, it is a specific type of scientific writing bringing new (newly interpreted) findings aimed at research workers of a given field of study. Students choose and formulate a partial, focused, topic within the frame of a broad assigned topic. It is compulsory to submit a yearly thesis in the Bachelor’s study cycle.
The aim of the course is to present academic project writing skills to students, such as work with sources and literature, outline creation, quality evaluation, review writing, complex scientific text production on a given topic, and presentation of results (defense of the thesis).
- In order to start working on the thesis, students must enroll in the course in the IS. Each student chooses his/her supervisor in September. Students agree on a specific topic with their supervisors. If a student fails to do so in the given period of time, a supervisor will be assigned. A cycle of lectures begins in October, which will present to students the progress of work and possible difficulties. Text creation progress will be supervised – it is desirable that the students follow instructions from their supervisors. The first assignment is to create a topic, a list of sources, annotated basic bibliography, an outline, and, in the end, the thesis as such. There are two submission dates: the first one is recommended and students who submit their theses on this date will get feedback prior to the final deadline. The second submission date is the final deadline for completed final-drafts. Theses will be defeated within the supervisor’s group. Each student writes a review of a thesis by a colleague and prepares his/her reaction to a review written by a colleague. The supervisor decides the result.
- Course outline
- September: course registration and enrolment in the IS
- Choice of a supervisor and agreement on a topic
- Lecture: What is scientific text?
- Lecture: How to create a text outline?
- Lecture: How to work with information and literature?
- Lecture: How to defend a thesis?
- First-draft submission.
- Final-draft submission.
- recommended literature
- ŠINDELÁŘ, Pavel. Etnografie Číny (Etnography of China). 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2014. 246 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-7049-3. Digitální knihovna FF MU info
- TRNKOVÁ, Kateřina, Kateřina LOJDOVÁ, Petr NOVOTNÝ, Klára ŠEĎOVÁ, Roman ŠVAŘÍČEK and Jiří ZOUNEK. Psaní odborných textů. Průvodce tvorbou ročníkové práce na Ústavu pedagogických věd FF MU (Academic writing). 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2014. 106 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-6863-6. Digitální knihovna FF MU info
- not specified
- Pedagogická encyklopedie. Edited by Tomáš Janík - Milada Rabušicová - Jan Průcha. Vyd. 1. Praha: Portál, 2009. 935 s. ISBN 9788073675462. info
- ŠANDEROVÁ, Jadwiga and Alena MILTOVÁ. Jak číst a psát odborný text ve společenských vědách : několik zásad pro začátečníky. Vydání první. Praha: Sociologické nakladatelství, 2005. 209 stran. ISBN 9788086429403. info
- Teaching methods
- instructions for performing the project work; preparation of joint project work by the students; presentation and discussion of project papers; lecture discussion with students;
- Assessment methods
- Course evaluation: credit
1. Presence at lectures
2. Participation at discussion sessions with the thesis supervisor
3. Thesis submission
4. Writing a review of another thesis
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
- Information about innovation of course.
- This course has been innovated under the project "Faculty of Arts as Centre of Excellence in Education: Complex Innovation of Study Programmes and Fields at FF MU with Regard to the Requirements of the Knowledge Economy“ – Reg. No. CZ.1.07/2.2.00/28.0228, which is cofinanced by the European Social Fond and the national budget of the Czech Republic.
- Teacher's information