PřF:C7195 Advance biochem. lab. course - Course Information
C7195 Advance laboratory course of biochemistryFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/5. 5 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught partially online.
- doc. Mgr. Jan Lochman, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Pavel Bouchal, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Petr Lapčík (assistant)
Mgr. David Novák (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Jan Lochman, Ph.D.
Department of Biochemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Jan Lochman, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Biochemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- C4220 Biochemie - laboratorní cvičení C6200 Biochemické metody
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 24 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/24, only registered: 5/24, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 4/24
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the laboratory course is to practically learn the advanced biochemistry methods. The students will perform isolation and separation of biomolecules (nucleic acids, proteins, low molecular compounds), methods for enzyme activity determination, methods for determination of mRNA and protein levels (qPCR, proteomics based on quantitative mass spectrometry), will work with tissue cultures and with modern diagnostics methods, and will process, statistically evaluate and interpret the obtained data.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to: - Perform native electrophoresis and determine enzyme activity - Isolate proteins from cancer cell lines and determine total protein concentration - Digest proteins using trypsin and purify resulting peptides within a proteomics experiment - Perform database search of proteomics LC-MS/MS data, statistically evaluate and interpret the results - Perform molecular cloning - Isolate RNA from biological material - Perform reverse transcription - Perform qPCR and evaluate data - Perform PCR-RFLP analysis - Conduct critical evaluation of obtained data
- Assignment A: Detection of isoenzymes for ascorbate peroxidase by native PAGE and determination of phenylalanin-amoniak lyase activity Assignment B: Comparison of cancer cell line proteotypes using quantitative mass spectrometry Assignment C: Cloning of PCR product into plasmid Assignment D: Identification of an unknown elicitin based on its activity Assignment E: Identification of Armillara sp. in soil samples
- Návody ke cvičením - viz Studijní materiály
- Teaching methods
- Laboratory course
- Assessment methods
- Student have to participate in all parts of the course and submit required protocols.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2021/C7195