PřF:F2252 Elements of astronomy 2 - Course Information
F2252 Elements of astronomy 2Faculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: z (credit).
- doc. RNDr. Miloslav Zejda, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Tereza Jeřábková (seminar tutor)
- prof. RNDr. Zdeněk Mikulášek, CSc.
Department of Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. RNDr. Miloslav Zejda, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
- Mon 10:00–11:50 F3,03015
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- Žádné speciální astronomické znalosti nejsou vyžadovány. Každý by měl znát matematiku a fyziku ve středoškolském rozsahu - co je nadto, bude vysvětleno (proto je vhodné i pro studenty prvního semestru a také zaměření jiných než v kombinaci s matematikou a fyzikou).
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- This course is a continuation of the course F1251 (Basic of astronomy 1) and its aim is to bring into line and harmonise basic astronomical knowlodge. After this course student is able effectively study following astronomical courses. This course is meant especially to them, who do not have basic astronomical knowledge yet and want to study astrophysics or for all who are interesting in astronomy and astrophysics. It is suitable for advanced amateur astronomers, teachers, editors, popularizers.
- This course follows the course F1251 and the summary of the basic astronomy is completed here. The text(book) is available in pdf form on http://astro.physics.muni.cz or http://www.physics.muni.cz/~zejda/student.html. Older materials on http://vademecum.hvezdarna.cz. Outline: Stars - structure, souce of energy, evolution, demonstration of their activities
- Solar system. Exoplanets. Formation and evolution of planets, Moon and other small bodies.
- Our Galaxy - structure, rotation. Types of galaxies. Universe in large scales.
- Basic cosmology. Architecture of universe. Formation and evolution of universe. Models of universe.
- Menace from space. Life in universe.
- Teaching methods
- Classic lectures, practical works and class exercises, added by observations. Written documents for practical works are in textbook on http://astro.physics.muni.cz.
- Assessment methods
- Credit will be granted after the processing of practical works and oral converstion, which confirms that student undestands solved problems. At the exam students must passed the written test.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.