Course PA174-Design of Digital Systems II is advisable source of necessary knowledges for this course.
Course Enrolment Limitations
The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
Fields of study the course is directly associated with
there are 19 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
Main aim of this course is understand and master theoretical know ledges and practical virtuosity necessary for design high-performance digital systems. The lessons are specialized in particular into following topics:
- application of the modern design components;
- methodology of the modular systems;
- connecting of the external devices.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- explain the principle of assembling powerful and functionally reliable digital system structures;
- design a reliable digital system using contemporary design elements;
- work with external devices connected to digital systems;
- work with the MIPS instruction set;
- work with A/D and D/A converters;
- implement basic control and diagnostic tools into simple digital systems.
- digital computer main parts and sequencers;
- digital system structure;
- operational memory addressing methods;
- operational and CACHE memory structure and operation principles;
- microprocessor structure and interruption system principles;
- direct memory access principles;
- analog/digital converters;
- digital/analog converters;
- input/output devices;
- power supply unit, power supply switch mode;
- primary power supply, battery, accumulators.
DOUŠA, J., PLUHÁČEK, V. Introduction to computer systems. Praha: ČVUT, 2000
HLAVIČKA, J. Computer architecture. Praha: ČVUT, 1999
3. HDL - Chip Design, Douglas J. Smith, ISBN 0-9651934-3-8
ŠNOREK, RICHTA. Připojování periférií k PC
Lectures that correspond to intended aims of tuition.
During the semester will be given a homeworks and two written tests, the results of which will be included in the final evaluation. Regarding the content of the course is recommended regular attendance at the course. Final examination consists of 3 parts:
1) evaluation of the homeworks and discussion about protocol;
2) evaluation of writen tests;
3) oral exam - teoretical problems from list of the passed lectures.
Further comments (probably available only v češtině)
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
Předmět je rozdělen na část teoretickou a praktickou. Praktická část bude probíhat na technickém a programovém vybavení v laboratoři Architektury a konstrukce číslicových počítačů. Veškerá používaná dokumentace a návody jsou k dispozici pouze v jazyce anglickém.