FI:PV176 MS Windows Management II - Course Information
PV176 MS Windows Systems Management IIFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1. 3 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: k (colloquium), z (credit).
- Mgr. Petr Lidman (lecturer)
Ing. Petr Šetka (lecturer)
Mgr. Lukáš Patka (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Šimon Suchomel, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Václav Matyáš, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- each even Thursday 14:00–17:50 D2
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
PV176/02: each odd Thursday 18:00–19:50 A104, L. Patka
PV176/03: each even Friday 8:00–9:50 A104, L. Patka
PV176/04: each odd Friday 8:00–9:50 A104, L. Patka
PV176/05: each even Friday 12:00–13:50 A104, Š. Suchomel
PV176/06: each odd Monday 8:00–9:50 A104, Š. Suchomel
- Knowledge of operating systems fundamentals (at least comparable to PB152 Operating Systems course). User experience with Windows 2000 or later. It is recommended to complete the PV175 MS Windows Systems Management I course.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 90 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/90, only registered: 0/90, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/90
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course provides students with solid knowledge needed for designing, implementing and managing the Active Directory (AD) network by means of MS Windows Server operating system and for the MCP 70-294 certification training. This knowledge includes introduction to logical and physical AD structure, account policy implementation, domain controllers replication, security management, AD backup or remote software installation via group policies. The lessons are realised on Windows 2003 Server.
- Introduction and Installation of Windows 2003 Server and Active Directory (AD).
- AD Logical Structure. Domains, Organizational Units, Accounts.
- AD Physical Structure. Domain Controllers, Sites, Replication.
- GPO - Group Policy Objects; Software Installation.
- AD Backup, Operation Masters Roles.
- OSIF, Michal. Windows server 2003. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2003. 612 s. ISBN 8024703963. info
- OSIF, Michal. Windows Server 2003 :. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2003. 623 s. ISBN 8024703955. info
- ALLEN, Robbie and Alistair G. LOWE-NORRIS. Active Directory: Second Edition. Praha: Grada Publishing, a.s., 2005. 648 pp. ISBN 80-247-0973-2. info
- Assessment methods (in Czech)
- Přednášky a cvičení. Zkouška se skládá z praktického testu na počítačích.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.