FI:PV176 MS Windows Management II - Course Information
PV176 MS Windows Systems Management IIFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/1. 3 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Libor Dušek (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Šimon Suchomel, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Radim Janča (seminar tutor)
Ing. David Leška (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Petr Svirák (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Ondrej Šebela (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Eva Hladká, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: Mgr. Libor Dušek
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- PV176/01: Tue 12:00–13:50 B311, L. Dušek, Š. Suchomel, P. Svirák, O. Šebela
- PV175 MS Windows Management I || SOUHLAS
Knowledge of operating systems fundamentals at least comparable to PB152 Operating Systems course. User experience with Windows 7 or later. It is recommended to complete the PV175 MS Windows Systems Management I course.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 50 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/50, only registered: 0/50, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/50
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 32 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course provides students with solid knowledge needed for designing, implementing and managing the Active Directory (AD) network by means of MS Windows Server operating system. This knowledge includes introduction to logical and physical AD structure, account policy implementation, domain controllers replication, security management, AD backup or remote software installation via group policies. The lessons are realised on Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Active Directory domain for complex management of Windows environment
- Networking in Windows Environment
- Name Resolution - DNS, NetBIOS
- Basic AD operations - management of users, groups and organizational units
- Group Policy - computer settings, software installation
- Operations Masters
- Physical and logical topology
- Server and desktop security
- NORTHRUP, Anthony a J MACKIN. MCTS self-paced training kit (exam 70-642): configuring Windows server 2008 network infrastructure. 2nd ed. Redmond, WA: Microsoft, c2011, 725 s. ISBN 07-356-5160-4.
- HOLME, Dan. MCTS self-paced training kit (exam 70-640): configuring Windows server 2008 active directory (2nd edition). 2nd ed. Redmond, WA: Microsoft Press, c2011, 1002 s. ISBN 07-356-5193-0.
- Windows server 2008 Active Directory resource kit / Stan Reimer, Mike Mulcare, Conan Kezema, Byron Wright w MS AD Team -- Redmond, Wash. : Microsoft Press, c2008.. -- xxix, 827 p. ISBN 0-7356-2515-8
- Windows administration resource kit: productivity solutions for IT professionals / Dan Holme. -- Redmond, Wash. : Microsoft Press, c2008.. -- xlii, 709 p. ISBN 0-7356-2431-3
- Teaching methods
- Mandatory exercises (2 hours / week). Both the course and exam are in Czech. Occasional mandatory homeworks, one mandatory ROPOT (Revision, Opinion Poll and Testing) in IS during semester.
- Assessment methods
- The exam consists of a written test and practical part.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.